Screen recording doesn't work on Win 10, worked fine on 8

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by mzso, Sep 18, 2021.

1. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    Hi!

I have no idea why it doesn't. Ever since I finally upgraded to 10 it wouldn't work. I refreshed the system once. (keeping my account, files of course), but that didn't fix it either.

I normally would use MSI afterburner, but it can't capture video when setting VFW codecs.
    Audio capture is also messed up, because it captures audio with DSP applied (via Equalizer APO) when using WASAPI, and the Directsound capture device setting doesn't record anything. (I think this latter one was that captured normally before)

I also tried OBS. And this can't record video at all.
    Audio is also botched the same way, but here there's no option to change APIs.

2. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    AMD screen recording also didn't work. Now it does. Not sure if it was a Windows or driver update that got it to work.
    However it is also effected by the audio issue, of it recording DSP processed audio. A nuisance, because I have (not forget) to disable EQ APO every time I intend to record.

But more importantly:
    Are there any more settings than what radeon software offers? I would like to record full range video with no sub-sampling from desktop/games. I don't like it if the recording is butchered to begin with.
    Also an outright lossless mode would be nice.