screen flickers when..

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by machete, Jul 26, 2022.

1. machete

machete Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080/AiO
    My screen flickers in some games when i use the volume. when the sound animation shows in game it makes my screen flicker when it comes on and when the animation goes away... i dunno how to fix this ive just recently installed windows 10 then to 11. i know it could be my gsync but it never did this before. could it be this latest hotfix driver?

2. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    So, you say you went from 10 to 11. Obvs once you do the free up grade your computer is then logged with M$.
    So The next best thing to do is a clean install of 11.
    Then your machine will be genuine 11 and not some 10/11 mish mash branded 11.

3. machete

machete Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080/AiO
    soo weird only flicker if i turn volume up or down when the gui comes up and only happens in csgo. i use gsync and hdr for everything eles.. but for csgo nvidia proofile i disable gsync and use other option ( fixed refresh).

4. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    You could try switching from HDMI to Display port or other way around. Windows may crash on you and reboot to configure new connection.