Scratches on smart phones

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Fcuk@Duck, Nov 3, 2011.

1. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You get the dumbass to replace the screen for you.

2. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    gorlilla glass isnt scratch resistant. My HTC Desire S has some pretty deep sctaches and it never was with keys or anything in my pocket... no idea how the hell they came up.

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yeah, it's scratch resistant, I mean, there's no denying that fact. The problem is, it's still scratchable. Every object in existence is scratchable by something harder than it...The only way around that is to either A: Make the screen out of the hardest material possible or B: Make a self-healing screen.

One's crazy expensive and the other isn't currently possible, so, until then, you can only have a material that will resist scratches, not prevent them entirely.

4. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Ive dropped my evo4g a number of times already....otterbox! thing has saved my phone for sure! comes with a screen protector as well. it makes the phone a little bulkier (less than an extended battery) but its much nicer having that peace of mind that if your phone falls or gets thrown when your pissed because someone got a cheap shot on you in bf3......its gonna make it :)

5. Andrés

Andrés Guest

This sounds more like a case of "chimp glass" *drumroll* :nerd:

My Atrix also has gorilla glass and I hope it stays unpolluted for a long time. At least now I know I must avoid lending it to anyone :D