Scarface: The World Is Yours.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Sep 15, 2006.

1. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    I really liked Scarface at the beginning. I was really excited about getting the drugs, selling them to dealers and negotiating the bank's interest rate. However, now I've finished about 20% of the game and I got really bored...
    Dunno if I'm gonna be able to make it till the end of the game.

2. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Scar face sucks and just cause sucks. They are no way a gta killer. Wanna argue with that then bring it on!:bigsmile:

3. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    wow chris2k just stop now please

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    holy crap this game sux, glad i didnt buy it

5. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    dude this ****ing game rocks. i like it more than GTA. all the huge drug runs getting 10 million dollars and up. and if you want to kill civilians and crap be the enforcer noob! tony wont kill civilians cuz he doesnt kill innocent ppl. i think the missions are pretty hardcore the gun fight are certainly better than gta. you should have gotten it for ps2 or xbox. the controls took some getting used to even on a gamepad. one last thing about the graphics sure they arent great but better then GTA's atleast in the ps2 version

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  6. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i agree i can just have conversations with random ppl for so long its so funny! some of the crap tony says is so damn funny.

like i went into a bathroom and pushed the taunt button this is what tony said LOL

"WTF no towels! what am I like a pussy taking a piss in the woods! ****ing drip dry!

im amazed at the amount of lines in this game. ive laughed out loud countless times

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  7. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    be the enforcer henchmen if thats what you wanna do. he can slaughter ppl and talk **** at the same time

8. stjuart

stjuart Master Guru

GPU:
    Xfx290x+Asus 290DC2 xfire
    This game is worth it, just for the intro itself for any scarface fan who wanted to take revenge on those columbians for killing tony montana. Plus who didnt wanna unload a whole clip in the face of the guy who shoots tony with the shotgun in the end.

9. Sobek

Sobek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Ahahahahha, niiice. :eyebrows:

10. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    gamespot give it 6.4, ahahah gta killer???
    just cause is much better..

11. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    They are equally crap in the gameplay department. Just cause has much better graphics then scarface i agree there. But they are still both very poor.

12. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    GTA is based on Scarface but i have to admit after trying the game at a friend's house i was really disappointed with Scarface, it does feel too consoley especially the shooting and the car driving isn't as fun as GTA, it feels weird.
    as for the graphics i thought they used the same engine of GTA:SA!!!! they're identical.

i adore the movie and own the dvd but i'm sorry to say the game while ok isn't any GTA killer.......and let's not talk about JUST CAUSE which is a lame excuse of a game, yes very nice graphics, great explosions in a FarCry island but again too consoley and doesn't work, i had the same feeling i had with BOILING POINT a superb game ruined by bugs and rushed out programming.

GTA Vice City and SA lives on and reign supreme, very polished game, great control when driving and running around, excellent music and doesn't feel consoley.

i'm not saying you won't like Scarface, it's a good game but ruined for many other reasons to long to describe......AVOID. lol :D

13. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Good ol food! Now make me a lasgne! Ha i miss the spam thread and our nice chats in there about food!

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i see everyone who doesnt like it is playing it on pc. im glad i got ps2 version. i love the game. sux that you all dont, but hey thats your problem not mine. if anyone wants to get the game i say get it, but for console. the controls take some getting used to even with a controller. with the way the game is, it must be a nightmare to play with a keyboard. definatly rent the game atleast. at first i was feeling dissapointed, but once i played more and got used to the controls i love the game

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  15. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    Tony has some great lines in it, and they got all his mannerisms down to a T. The actual game is weak though. Yet another GTA clone off the production line that would be worthless without the movie license.

I also find it rather incestuous that they're ripping off a game that was largely inspired by scarface in the first place.

16. mehdi

mehdi Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    So you cant remap keyboard keys in this game? I have a saitek p990 gamepad would that work with it?

17. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    :spam3: what's up m8 yeah missed the spamm-O thread too bad is gone, but hey we're still here that's what count. grab a lasagna for free man. :D

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    My gamepad works with it, so you'll probably be ok with yours as well.

And no, you can't remap the keys in this game.

19. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Thats the food i know! Up to much mate? not playing scar face i hope?

20. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Its no wonder the quality of games is so poor for the pc lately, throw a bit of swearing into a game and you lot are tickled pink, The Graphics are poor and so is the gameplay.......Grow up ffs.