Scanline Sync no longer resolves Nvidia bug in F.E.A.R.

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by DaRkL3AD3R, Apr 5, 2021.

1. DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC
    A long time ago I found out that RTSS Scanline Sync resolved a driver bug with Nvidia cards in F.E.A.R. The bug is some weird inversion of stencil shadows during some moments. Here is an example video of the problem happening:

Scanline Sync used to fix this full stop but now it's like it's not even there anymore. Glitch happens no matter what I configure RTSS as. I don't expect anything to change to RTSS to fix this, but it is a shame that it had a solution to a driver problem that Nvidia seemingly has no desire to fix, and now it's gone. I'm more just curious if there's an advanced option in the config files to let me manually revert whatever changes might have happened to Scanline Sync to return it to its old state.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Install the older version of RTSS that solved the problem for you?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    He can't, new RTSS is required for new MSIAB.

Old RTSS's capable of this had their digital signature invalidated.

Why not play this with DXVK, or does it display the same problem?

Could try D3D9on12

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  4. DaRkL3AD3R

DaRkL3AD3R Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC
    DXVK actually does solve the problem, but unfortunately there is an issue with it where on Nvidia GPUs, the player model is transparent. I filed a bug report about it many moons ago but no progress since. https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/1461
    Scanline Sync was a great solution for this problem on Windows before. I suspect it's something to do with the changes to the framerate limiter with the new options like front edge/back edge or async. I tried all 3 but nothing returned it to the old functionality.