Scanline Sync low fps in some games

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Birdy62, May 15, 2021.

1. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    Hello,
    First i think the Scanline Synch is just an amazing option to reduce and eliminate any form of stuttering in many games.
    But for some of them (Generation Zero for example) i have a minor problem. When i start the game, the fps are very low (10-12 fps). If i alt-tab and just click on the "Scanline synch" text option in RTSS (Scanline synch - Scanline synch X2 - Scanline synch x/2) , the fps are back to normal.
    If i disable the G-synch option in the Nvidia control panel, i don't have this problem. It doesen't occur in every game.
    As i said, it's a very minor problem as the benefit of this option is very real.
    Any way to get rid of this ?
    Thank you for this great tool anyway.

2. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    Ok, i found a trick to get rid of this problem.

I changed the "injection delay" from 5000 (the value i usually use) to 100 and no more problem..

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    @Birdy62

There is no reason to use scanline sync if you have g-sync. Just cap your FPS 3 frames lower than your refresh rate without scanline sync.

Scanline sync is for people who don't have g-sync, or don't want to use g-sync because they want to use ULMB.

4. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    Thank you for your answer,

I know you are right, BUT i have a real improvement in stuttering when is use this option with my G-Synch monitor in some games (Generation Zero for example) and not in others (RDR2). If i only cap my framerates, i have some stuttering..., if i enable scanline synch, it's gone....

I cannot explain this, but it's real...