1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanline Sync at Non-Native Resolutions

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by drwurm, Jan 18, 2019.

1. drwurm

drwurm New Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Just found out about scanline sync today and was excited to give it a go, but it's not quite working for my use case. I have a 1080P monitor and I use Gamestream to stream in 4K to my TV. To do this, I have to set my monitor's resolution to 4K. Obviously everything looks tiny and is hard to read on the monitor, but it works fine on my TV.

When I do this, however, S-Sync detects the refresh rate as 20fps and caps it there, leading to pretty ugly gameplay. I've confirmed that, if I play in 1080p, the refresh rate is accurately detected and it works very well.

Is there a setting I can tweak to trick it into rendering back at 60 fps?

2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    This happens to me in some games (select ones, like Far Cry 2). While I have no idea how to prevent it, all I need to do is to switch to 1920x1080, and then set the resolution again to 2160p (for example). I do this normally in the game menu. Works every time for FC2.

3. drwurm

drwurm New Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Hey right on man that fixed it nicely. I was having the issue on Alien Isolation just for reference.