1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanline sync affects my fps negatively - why?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Rutgert210, May 10, 2019.

1. Rutgert210

Rutgert210 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1070 8GB
    Hey!

I'm playing Apex Legends on a BenQ ZOWIE XL2411 monitor.
    When I tested the new Scanline Sync feature yesterday it was capping my fps at 60 whereas I normally get between 100-144 fps depending on the area I'm in.
    Below is a picture of my settings for RTSSS.

Does anyone know why this is happening? My gamingbuddy who uses a similar setup has had good success with the new scanline sync feature.

image link: https://pasteboard.co/Ie4vkQe.png
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,

Rutgert

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Because you’re “testing” new feature without understanding expected result.

3. Rutgert210

Rutgert210 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1070 8GB
    Constructive comments only please - if you need more information then ask.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Constructive suggestion is to leave scanline sync for users who really understand what is it and how to use it. I don't ask anyone to pay for RTSS even a single cent, but it eats a LOT of my time and nerves to address questions like "I've enabled something, why it is negatively affecting my system now, you must help me ASAP" every single day. Take it as constructive comment from developer side.

5. Rutgert210

Rutgert210 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1070 8GB
    I don't really care - and I wasn't asking you. I'm posting a question in an open forum.

Don't reply at all if you don't want to help.

Sincerely,
    Rutgert

6. user1

user1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Scanline sync is form of vsync , your fps will be capped at your monitor's refreshrate. It is functioning as intended. If you wish to know more about it , read this thread https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/requesting-scanline-sync-tutorial.423722/

Consider searching the forum for answers before posting frivolous questions.