Scammer Arrested Kylzer aka DSK

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Mar 5, 2011.

1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    The picture is his own posting on this site, reposted by me. I don't see an issue. I could also show you his Netlog, Bebo, Myspace, Facebook accounts. I got screen grabs of that many accounts before he went dark.

It's always nice to put a picture to a face when you are revealing a scammer to the world.

That's part of the reason for doing this :thumbup:

I would have done it for a £1. Principles are not to be laid down on the alter of criminality.:)

The criminal justice system is different in Scotland. I will be on to my cop in the next few days to find out what he expects to happen.:)

Thanks for the compliment. I must say I was stunned the guy knew I was a cop. It was common knowledge. I just couldn't believe he would be so stupid, however as P.T. Barnum said, 'There's a sucker born every minute'.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Glad to see things will get evened out. No good comes from f-ing people in regards to things like what had transpired.

3. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Yea I know, I understand and I fully support you, I'm just saying it would probably be too much hassle, atleast in my country.. Getting someone arrested here isn't so easy imho..
    Anyways, again congratz, and GJ what you've done to the comunity :)

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's kind of weird, because I did play some games with Kylzer and even had him as a friend on facebook. He seemed like a pretty nice guy too. But, he messed up and he's gotta pay for it now.

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Well it took nearly a year, but for me it was worth it. He gained everyone's trust here and was a top trader until this monumental fall from grace.

*Sheriff John Bunnell voice*
    After finding the other victims at Novatech I knew I had to take him down.

It just goes to show that with some people, you never can tell. It will all be over for him soon but how will it end!

6. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    lol thats awesome :D
    scamming is lame.......

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Gratz Hallryu and wb Cyber :)

I dont think so, in this case both seller and buyer were in same country. It's more unlikely to get into bigger problems if they are from different coutries.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Haven't even realized it, but he's not on my Xfire list anymore either.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sweet, well done!

There is a case going through UK court at the moment where the details of a sex offender were put online by the mother of the abused.
    The offender wants damages for embarrassment, wtf.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...der-sues-11-year-old-victims-mother-blog.html
    Until the courts decide whether to use European rules or hopefully just common sense, we dont know if he will be successful.
    So it might be wise to take the picture down for now.

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hmmm Kylzer never struck me as the type to do this. Oh well, if he did it he did it. Glad you got everything resolved.

11. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just if anyone was wondering and wanted a second giggle, his nick DSK stands for DubStep King. The guy is an expert at making super awesome names.

12. spectraman

spectraman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 560ti
    Maybe this should be a sticky in the Buy Sell Trade section, as a warning for potential shenanigans. :wanker:

13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    There already is a sticky on scammers.

14. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    There's plenty of info on how to avoid scammers already. :thumbup: However, none of the common sense advice would have worked. He was on here for a couple of years I think it was and also built up a good rep selling and buying. He then went rogue, no one saw it coming.

It's his own picture posted to this site and reproduced by me. I don't see an issue.

15. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Didn't he post that picture here anyway?

16. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    i was wondering what happened with all this. i remember when the whole thing unraveled over a year ago. he was so prominent on the forums but then the ban hammer struck when he was exposed as a con. i bet justice is sweet hallryu. good luck with the courts and i hope you are reimbursed.

17. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Good news, remarkable turn of events. I work practically opposite that court, should go wave to him.

I'm sure I've actually seen him walking towards the court before on my way to work haha.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I dont think this thread should be a sticky, BUT it would be good to have a sticky on scammers and results( as in this case ), and deterrent is good in my book especially if the seller has to think twice about scamming

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Hallryu, glad to hear things are going in the right direction. My apologies to you and the victims at Novatech for having to go through this. I must also apologize for my reaction to the news, even though I didn't make my initial thoughts on it public. Honestly, when I first heard about it, I thought it was a load of crap or just an attempt to discredit Kylzer/DSK and I apologize for that. After reading all that's been posted on the subject, I feel bad. Hopefully justice will be served and he won't get the chance to scam anyone else. You're a good guy and you've done a great service to everyone. You have my utmost respect and admiration for your patience and determination at seeing justice done.

Sadly, if the scammer and victim are in different countries....there's really no deterent as laws can only be enforced across national lines under agreement between the 2 countries involved....and we all know some countries just simply won't allow that to happen.

20. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    he went rouge cool sounds cool very cool man indeed cool. now that hes on blast lets see if he goes ham.