SBZ Switcher - Double click Speakers/Headphones mode switching available

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by applejack, Sep 13, 2013.

1. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    update: reuploaded v1.4.7 with some basic logging available (enable via .ini debug section or under the tray menu "Help" item).
    it will log some stuff (so you can send me for debug) to SBZSwitcher.log, which resets itself whenever you launch the tool with logging enabled (but will not reset on tray menu toggle).
    if you plan to send me the log file, please make sure to start the tool with logging enabled in ini.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  2. f34rl3ss

f34rl3ss New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC (2GB)
    Hey Applejack,

i love your tool, so many features creative should have implemented themselve.
    It's amazing that you can now even predefine SBX Profiles, however, i have a little problem with that.

I have SBX Surround enabled for speakers, but deactivated for headphones.
    When i now switch between speakers and headphones, it trys to deactivate surround, but that only works 1 time out of 30. The rest of the time he switches the page to SBX Pro Studio, but does not set or unset the checkbox, and the mousecursor is gone (until pressing ALT+TAB or CTRL+ALT+DEL for example).

Do you have any idea what is causing this?

Keep up the good work :)

3. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    Hi f34rl3ss,

first of all you can disable cursor hide in SBZSwitcher.ini under debug section. (maybe I should not hide it by default, as it may stay hidden on unexpected behavior).
    if you are using latest version, please enable logging under same section, preferably before you launch the tool. reconstruct the issue and send me the log file (SBZSwitcher.log) along with your .ini for further investigation.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  4. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    yeah, i was having exact same problem, going into debug in the .ini and disabling "hide cursor on switch" seems to help, edit : whoops its still happening sometimes

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

5. Diamond_Cut

Diamond_Cut New Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 2gb
    Applejack I freaking love you dude!

It works for my Recon3D card. If you need anything for research purposes let me know! It's working perfectly :D

6. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    that is great news Diamond_Cut ! I was waiting for Recon3D feedback to arrive. still interested in some non PCI-E models feedback though.

@adrock311, how about sending a log file ?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  7. gourdo

gourdo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570
    AppleJack, I'm also experiencing the mouse disappearace issue and the switcher isn't working properly either. I resolved the mouse issue via the .ini file fix as described above, but what seems to be happening in my case is that the mouse coordinates you're using are wrong on my machine. When I try to switch headphones/speakers for example, your coords put the mouse cursor on top of the "CrystalVoice" menu item. I *suspect* this is because I'm using a display with 150% scaling set in Windows 8.1 and your switcher program hasn't accounted for that.

I'm not sure if > 100% scaling would cause the same problem with Win7 or even Win8 since they both use a different scaling mechanism than 8.1, but you might want to try to see if you can reproduce if you have Win7.

I suppose one fix for this might be to offset all your mouse coords by a certain factor if you can first figure out a way to determine the state of Windows scaling factor...

I even tried to see if there was a set of keyboard shortcuts that would reliably allow you to control the SB Control Panel, but alas they did not consider keyboard when they wrote this app (go figure!) as navigating via keyboard requires a jumble of completely inconsistent number of tabs and arrow keys depending on the app's last open state I gather.

8. gourdo

gourdo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570
    Don't know if this helps, but I figured out how to move around the app with keyboard. Problem is it takes multiple keypresses to do so...

To get to the top ("SBX Pro Studio"), after restoring the window, hit tab once, then PgUP or M.
    To get to the bottom ("Advanced Features"), after restoring the window, hit tab once, then PgDN.
    To move one position up or down on the main list, after restoring the window, hit tab, then cursor up or down once. Subsequent moves require you to hit tab 4 times to regain focus before hitting a cursor key again.

9. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    you are right I did not take DPI into account, and was able to reproduce your issue.
    thanks for the keyboard control research, but its a real nightmare you know, it'll slow the switch process and I actually managed to crash the control panel just by tabbing around lol.

apparently integrating DPI scaling support was much easier and elegant :)

version 1.4.8
    ------------
    - added DPI scaling support.
    - "hide mouse cursor on switch" disabled by default.
    - some minor tweaks forgotten throughout the weekend...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/js4vr5ly4yib9hw/SBZSwitcher_v1.4.8.zip

note:
    DPI scaling was not tested on win8.1. detected scaling percent is logged to second line.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  10. gourdo

gourdo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570
    Fantastic response time!

DPI fix confirmed working on Win8.1 64-bit @150% scaling.

Thanks!

11. MickeyOne

MickeyOne Member

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1070
    Just wanted to thank the developer for this useful little utility. Makes my SBX life a whole lot easier ;)

Mickey O

12. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Coming from the 1.4.2 version, and just tried the 1.4.8 version, and i noticed that now, whenever the application starts, the UAC prompt from Win8 pops up asking me if i want to allow the program to run. This was not something that 1.4.2 needed, so what has changed?

Don't really want to have to click yes each time i start my computer.

13. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    @Nitrius, I've recently had the app elevate admin rights while troubleshooting launch issues reported by a user.
    eventhough it turned out to be related to his antivirus soft, I left the code in place, assuming it has the potential to prevent privileges issues for restricted users at windows start up.

anyway since this bothers you I re uploaded 1.4.8 without the admin elevation code, so go ahead and download it again. you shouldn't get UAC prompts now.

note that if users do report related issues in the future, I might have it back on in case ticking "run as admin" wouldn't help.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  14. kastriot

kastriot Master Guru

GPU:
    Z-AMP.extr-GTX980 1.5GHz
    Mute wrong order

Hi,

Very nice app i am using it since i bought SBZ oem(without shield!) everything works like it should but i noticed that mute order from tray menu is not muting what it should, this happens on my PC:

speaker/headphones>OK
    SPDIF-Out>Mutes speaker/headphones
    Digital in>No effect
    Microphone>What you hear
    What you hear>Digital in

This was happened with 1.4.4 version,i tried with nevest 1.4.8 but i get same results like above please tell me if anyone else has same issues or it's just me.

Thank you :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    devices order is not consistent between setups. this is why I added the ability to manually configure mute order for record devices in SBZSwitcher.ini (to match the order as listed in SBZ Mixer).

however I didn't include order control for SPDIF-Out. and the fact your Digital-In mute doesn't affect any other device is a bit confusing. I'll have to look into it when I get home, maybe contact you later for tryouts.

16. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    Version 1.4.9
    ------------
    - improved detection of mutable playback/record devices in mixer. support manual sync for all 5 devices in .ini under MixerOrder section (replaces RecDeviceOrder section)
    - enabled fallback to sync with alternative registry entries of SBX features states.
    - includes a separate executable with elevated admin rights for troubleshooting startup issues under win8.x
    - regular code maintenance.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c672uw3yj7z3ulf/SBZSwitcher_v1.4.9.zip

@kastriot, please let me know how mute order works for you now (don't forget to manually sync via ini if needed).

17. kastriot

kastriot Master Guru

GPU:
    Z-AMP.extr-GTX980 1.5GHz
    Mute wrong order

Hi,

I downloaded 1.4.9 and i reordered [MixerOrder] to match my mixer layout(photo here:https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5971055729772954050&oid=112642186642244374482)
    but still when i mute manualy i get those results:

Speakers/Headphones>SPDIF-Out <---Left side tray mute menu, Right Side Mixer
    SPDIF-Out>Speakers Headphones
    Digital in>No effect
    Microphone>What you hear
    What you hear>Digital in

i tried to reverse order like this:
    [MixerOrder]
    Speakers=2
    SPDIFOut=1

but i get same result like above..

if you need any assistance(for testing purpose!) just tell me :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  18. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X
    first make sure you switch order in [MixerOrder] before you run the app, as it may overwrite your changes on close if you edit while its running.

secondly, please run this simple tool:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4186j2xl3lxvvv/MixerMuteAnalysisTool.zip

it lists all relevant mute mixers, refreshes every half a sec so you can manually mute in SBZ Mixer and see which mixer # responds accordingly in tool.
    note that mixer numbers in this tool shouldn't necessarily match the [MixerOrder] in .ini (which is restricted to 1,2,3,4,5).

how many mixers do you get ? are the 5 relevant ones grouped/following ? are they first in list ?

thanks.

edit: re uploaded tool with an important fix.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  19. kastriot

kastriot Master Guru

GPU:
    Z-AMP.extr-GTX980 1.5GHz
  20. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X