Say something about this picture...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Ice Cube, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
  2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    What is there to say about it?

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
  4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Something

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think OP means that with an OEM Windows pc, if it breaks or whatever it's easier to fix than an Apple pc or thats the mentality of the majority of Apple product users.

While obvious, it's the truth.

6. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    ummm.. i was just wondering if it is true what they say about apple products being oversimplified, overpriced, and hard to fix by yourself.

Been a Windows/Linux user all my life.

7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Right to repair law

Trying to get laws passed to deal with this bull**** moving into the auto industry.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yes they are overpriced.

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Seems like an effort by aftermarket companies to force Auto makers worldwide (that sell in the US) provide a lot of material and information for free...

Requires the manufacturer of a motor vehicle sold, leased, or otherwise introduced into U.S. commerce to: (1) provide to the vehicle owner and service providers all information necessary to diagnose, service, maintain, or repair the vehicle; (2) offer for sale to the vehicle owner and service providers any related tool or equipment; and (3) provide the information that enables aftermarket tool companies to manufacture tools with the same functional characteristics. Exempts trade secrets, so long as the information is not disclosed to authorized dealers or service providers. Authorizes enforcement of this Act by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and civil actions by state attorneys general, consumers, and service providers.

10. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    As electronics systems have been added to cars it has become progressively more difficult for independent auto mechanics to fix vehicles. This is partially deliberate on the part of the auto companies to force people to use them for repairs.

Imagine if Best Buy had a way of forcing consumers of every computer they sold to use Geek Squad for all repairs. Imagine every time you have a bad stick of ram you're forced to goto best buy instead of DIY. They'd charge you double for the ram, and then toss the repair bill on top of it. Now just think about some corporate like kotick slobbering over all that potential profit.

This is the situation auto repair finds itself heading into and hence the law to stop it.

11. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    seems reasonable to me, right now the auto industry is a mess. There are no standardised electronic systems or base quality of the electronic systems in auto vehicles; This creates havoc as every different car has different electronic configurations which make replacement or repair difficult, auto manufacturers also tend to cheap out on the communication protocols inside their vehicles.

This law seems to regularise the industry making repair and replacement easier, it also does not force them to 'give' away anything.

12. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    Just look at what happened to BMW 3 Series, they were regarded as one of the best saloons in the business and now they are regarded as one of the most unreliable!.

In modern cars if an indicator light stops working you cant even start the engine!!!

13. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
  14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    7 hours? LOL, and I thought doing it at a snail crawl speed at of ~70-80 mins which consists of tea breaks and the occasional building was slow. :wanker: A lot of that time I waste making sure the thermal paste and HSF are on perfectly as possible.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    no thanks

16. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I think it was their first time(except for that one guy, he seemed to know a lot about hardware stuff). Building a PC is not that hard, it's just connecting bunch of cables. What I consider hard is the posting part after assembling because if it doesn't post then I could be in some deep **** lol

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Now we have Mercedes! :D

18. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    Mac is the future, all it need is Apple stop being a bitch about upgrading hardwares. Mac is commonly used by students/professionals these days, winX is for househelds

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Why?

20. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    if Mac's hardware parts easily accessible like winX, upgradable motherboards, heating fans, cpu etc then Mac could easily win over winX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.