Satellite Reign.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Jul 22, 2013.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Looks alright.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Looks fabby. :)

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    I did the kickstarter, really need to getting around to trying the EA, absolutely loved syndicate

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I hear you. I'm kinda wanting to give them money, but I'll wait a bit longer. It's just that I've bought into too many games in the last few years and bar a few, nothing much has materialised from those projects. I've kinda become a man of principle since then. But I like what I'm seeing here.

8. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Syndicate Wars is one of my favourite ever games and I never really understood why a lot of people thought it to be inferior to the first one. However, although the temptation to get this on early access is pretty strong I think it would spoil the enjoyment of the final product and so I'm going to wait.

Be nice to have a quick go though!

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The main reason for Syndicate Wars to be slated was how terribly it ran back in the day, even on the best of PCs. It also lost all of it's magic and atmosphere due to the switch to a different engine with pseudo 3D graphics.

It was not innovative in any way and it was lacking in most ways behind the original. While still a half decent game, the original was miles ahead of it's time in every respect compared to SW.

About early access for Satellite Reign, I feel similar to you. I don't want to spoil the game prior to launch. It does look potentially great though. The atmosphere seems to be all there.

10. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    The original Syndicate is one of my favorite games. The emergent scenarios that could play out with traffic, civilians, police, etc. were way ahead of their time. Syndicate Wars was a lot of fun, too, though performance was an issues. I loved setting bombs in big buildings and watching them come crashing down.

For some reason I also remember the cheat code for Syndicate Wars. Enter your name as POOSLICE and you can do all sorts of cheating.

I'm very interested in Satellite Reign but I'm not going to commit any money yet. I've played enough early access games that I realized something: I hate burning out on a game when it isn't even done. Once it actually IS done, I don't feel the desire to go play it. Seems like a waste.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    haha... about the cheat code. I remember one from a platformer I played on Amiga in the early 90s. Can't remember the game, but the cheat code was "weltraumkakalaken".

I'll never forget that word, for some reason.

Lol, just googled "weltraumkakalaken" and it came up as a cheat code for Yo! Joe. That's the one. Unbelievable, my memory stores all this useless sh1t.

12. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Looks cool/Crusader/Syndicate/Commandos Behind Enemy Lines

13. perseusveil

perseusveil Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 280 3GB
    I actually was a backer for this .The only Kickstarter I've ever given money to, lol. I'm waiting until it's done to really play it.

14. tarasis

tarasis New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gaming GTX 970
    I technically was too, though only for a $1. I had the intention of updating it but I never did, I partly held off as I already had enough backed games that I couldn't really play as my MBP wasn't up to it :)

Now I can, I'm tempted to pick it up as Early Access as a show of support.

15. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Ekybob (whoever he may be) has done a lets play of the latest-ish version of the game, may help people decide if they think it's worth their while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NosPcItZ8Fo&feature=youtu.be&list=PLIOz0GO4z92F_qlndeqD-UOmIfCG434tu

I would still recommend waiting for the release version as there are bugs and other issues but it's looking pretty swish if you ask me.

EDIT: There was a second video but it's been deleted, I think he will do some more of the game in the next few weeks however.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Playing since yesterday (EA v0.93). Gonna be released in a few days. But i absolutely love it! Finally a very good Syndicate (Wars) successor!

17. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Thx for reminding me Duke. ...I think I got strain...

18. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Yeah i bought this when it was release/greenlighted on Steam a while back after hearing about it. They've done a good amount to it compared to back then and the last time i played it (a month ago i think). Mostly it's my dream of having a Syndicate game again and not a generic FPS that got me to prebuy/support this. It worked for Xcom who publishers thought was dead and no one wanted it and then it became a big hit even on consoles so I can only hope for the same with this :nerd:.

19. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I watched a couple videos on YouTube and it does look kind of interesting. It had an XCOM look to it and also reminded me of the old Jagged Alliance series (which was awesome imo). It looks like something I'll keep an eye on for future sales at least, and considering how picky I am that's a recommendation from me. :p