Sapphire's New Nitro RX 7900 GPU: A Teaser

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I really love Sapphires cards. Would really like the Toxic 7900xtx

Embra likes this.
  3. Farasicnsee

Farasicnsee Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS (AGP)
    I would like to see a hybrid cooled 7900xtx w/single 140mm fan option - I only have room for one fan more in my case...

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Being the Pleb that I am, I'd be perfectly happy with a Nitro+ instead.;):D

Maddness likes this.

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Their pulse line is normally good too ! That makes me ultra pleb ? :p

Maddness likes this.
  6. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Regarding Sapphire, my recent customer support experience was very poor and they don't offer three year warranty like many other manufacturers. I really think they are perhaps the number one GPU board and cooling designer now when EVGA is gone, but nevertheless the brand has left me with a sour taste.
    My main and only problem with my current GPU (RX 5700 XT Nitro+) is that it builds up a heat pocket with fans off underneath the heatpipes so that 'zero RPM fan' feature is useless - temperatures rise in idle so that fans loudly activate and then deactivate frequently. Instead I have to keep the fans on, which is no biggy, but the factory BIOS allows minimum of 1200 RPM, which makes the card quite audible in idle. I asked Sapphire to release a new BIOS so I could tune the fans simply on Radeon Software without having to download some third party tool, but they didn't even read my email, just answered by some nonsense (perhaps their English is not adequate?).
    This heat pocket issue is not limited to RX 5700 XT Nitro+, but it happens on any card that traps heat beneath the cooler and even well ventilated case will not help.

It's sad when such a small fault can ruin otherwise a great product, a premium one I might add.
    Remember to test your coolers in idle too in tight cases (I have a big well cooled one) and let the lowest RPM be something like 600, manufacturers!

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    STILL have 2x Sapphire unlock 6950 CFX sitting here. Good GPU quality, and hope the 7x00 Radeon, er... XT/XTX line will have less driver growing pains...

They should sell bear board GPU so power users can McGyver some CPU WC blocks to it at human prices.

8. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Looking forward to a Sapphire Nitro white edition 7900XTX,a red devil and maybe a 7900XTX AIO edition any brand if release in a couple weeks

Maddness and chispy like this.