Sapphire Technology Product Manager Spills Some Beans on AMD NAVI

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 21, 2019.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nah man i wont get offended we are just talking. Im glad you are happy with the peformance of the 1080 and i didnt said its slow by any means just that newer games favor turing.

Cheers and nice video. :p

2. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti

3. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    5870 was a hell of a card back in the day. I rocked that card for years. It was my last AMD card and I've been NVIDIA ever since. Hoping they make a comeback in the GPU world for the top shelf stuff. I'm not interested in the budget baller cards they excel at.

4. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    indeed, its the q6600/920/2500k of the GPU world, for a while i thought that would never happen

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its not the first time. Someone mentioned it page before that amd hawaii did the same thing.

290/390x from 2013 is still quite powerful while his competitor 780 is long gone

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    There's no point to comparing an OC'd card to non-OC'd card.

If you compare OC to OC, you'll find similar performance gaps that are between vanilla and vanilla of the same cards.

GSDragoon likes this.
  7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Definitely looking forward to benchmarks to see how this all plays out. I know a lot of people have been holding out for Navi.

8. Nima V

Nima V Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB
    GTX1080 is such a nice GPU. it usually does not receive the credit it deserves. I have both GTX1080 and 1080Ti and my favorite one is GTX1080. it's fast, cool and extremely efficient. in terms of efficiency it can rival the best of Turing cards nearly 3 years after it's release and has a very good OCing potential. I have two GTX1080 cards and both of them can overclock to 2100Mhz core and 11200Mhz memory. I'm pretty sure with this OC it can surpass stock RTX 2070 in most games. considering I bought them at $450 new, it was a crazy good value for it's time. when I bought them they were cheaper than RX580 and GTX1070 because of mining craze!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  9. Michal Turlik 21

Michal Turlik 21 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080Ti
    True.
    Unfortunately the gtx 1080 has been put in the dark once that the ti version appeared.
    Returning back on the main topic...for me the whole pc desktop graphics carousel is starting to smell with the CARTEL word.
    At first I thought that the new Amd gpu was only aimed to make some cash in the entry-mid segment but from today I am starting to realize that we are loosing some concurrency here.
    The days when Amd was trying to give the enthusiasts some real good hardware, please read as Radeon hd 7970 have gone.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Nima V likes this.
  10. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    it's better in every application i have and the games i play. i still use the 1080ti, but in my htpc (still have the waterblock) where it replaced a gtx 970.
    i did a mild oc on the R7, nothing major. i'm an audiophile so i'm hypersensitive to noise, especially harmonics (i.e. fans and fan bearings) and induced hums (i.e. power supplies). i'm also a (not that great) home musician as i play the French horn and trumpet.
    so i have many tributaries of nerd running into my river of geek.

waltc3, OnnA and alanm like this.

11. mockingbird1

mockingbird1 Guest

GPU:
    8 GB
    The original article stated that the prices are in US dollars

12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Good for you! Guitar & trumpet here for many years...but that is a fading but very pleasant memory. Hard to figure these posts about the 1080--never had one and never missed it, either.

tunejunky likes this.