1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sapphire RX 580 8 GB issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Morock, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Morock

Morock New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Hello everybody!
    3 weeks ago i bought GPU Sapphire RX 580 in local store (as i understood - GPU was used, because it was with a discount, but they gave me 4 weeks varranty). Today, when i was playing Dota 2 and Whither 3 my screen two times give me error: no VGA signal. But computer still was working, just screen had this problem. Reboot solved the problem.
    What do you think, which kind of problem is it? Is it really GPU? Or maybe because of my old xeon e5450? Or power supply?
    I will be thank you for answer!

2. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    ... or cable

3. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 380X XXX
    AMD forums have many stories like yours.
    Are you sure it's not the monitor?
    Are you using HDMI? I've seen some pretty cheap HDMI cables, and I don't think much of the physical connection either as it is not very secure. Try DVI if possible.
    What drivers? Have you tried newer or older version?
    Your old Xeon should not be a problem other than a bottleneck, but an old power supply might be an issue.

Some potential fixes i saw:
    Use different monitor
    Remove 3rd party software(like TriXX)
    Disable DisplayPort 1.2 in monitor's menu(if using DP)
    Change setting in Wattman(usually upping the power limit + fans)
    Replace PSU

Good luck!

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Next time try to turn screen OFF and ON again. That acts for graphics card as replugging. Then, Is PC on same electric circuit as monitor? If one is behind UPS, it may cause some interference.
    HWiNFO64 is able to detect certain errors. Windows log may have some errors too. Especially if driver crashed.