Sapphire RMA Experiences??

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pakoo, Jan 7, 2021.

1. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    HI, first sorry my language, english isnt my language. A month ago I processed RMA of a 6800xt sapphire (december 9), 1 month later I still have no news in what state it is. is this normal? How does the sapphire technical service work?. Thanks

rl66 likes this.
  2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    You should contact them again...

Anyway 6800XT stock seems to be close to none, so it may take long to have a replacement for your broken one.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    or just wait, anyways everything will be OK IMhO :p
    They will ship when they have 1 avaible.

patteSatan likes this.
  4. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    Hi. I wrote to them 3 times during the month of December and still no response. The RMA is being managed by the store where I bought them (pccomponentes spain) and they don't have any news either.

It sucks because I bought the card on November 18 and it broke only 11 days later, the fault is that it gave no signal to the monitor (the chip that manages the speed of the PCI on the board), after many tests with other equipment it turned out being the graph, it must have been some electrostatic discharge.

Hope yours undertand me :D, Im use google translator

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    patteSatan likes this.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The store you bought from probably gave the card to their supplier who would then deal with Sapphire. When the card failed you should have contact Sapphire themselves. Just got to wait now or ask the retailor to call the supplier and find out what is going on, Sapphire themselves may not know anything.

6. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Then PCcomponentes must deal with the warranty so ask them for another way to fix it if its taking too long.

es/ Pregunta a PCcomponentes por otra solución, algún otro modelo del "mismo" precio o que metan presión. Después de un mes ya deberían saber algo o buscar otra alternativa.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  7. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    Finally, the store where I bought the card has given me an answer today, they want to return the money, this is a shitty solution, if I wanted the money I would have asked for it from day one and I'm not waiting 35 days for my money to be returned . Very bad sapphire in this case too, do not have a paltry graphics card for replacement ?. What a launch crap from AMD too, I never saw such a big fudge.

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    One RMA awfull with 1 month of waiting, recieve the card fixed that still doesn't work, send it back and recieve the new one another month after.
    and one RMA marvelous with them i recieved the new card the same day i send back the faulty one...

If your shop is slow, contact them directely, most of the time you will save time doing this way.
    Hopefully you don't use RMA too much with their very good card.

9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    they usually issue refund if cant fulfil product.