SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO pictured and tested

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Embra, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro Fury OC
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    Interesting, so more power being added and the cooler is big or well it's keeping the GPU cool enough which together with the power offered by those 3x 8-pin connectors might ensure the GPU can maintain maximum clock speeds longer, though I suppose adding a custom water block is better still. No clock speed changes for this sample model but I wonder how much higher than stock 64 they could possibly go, might not be much but there could be some headroom at least and the other changes might help ensure it keeps to max clocks for at least a longer period of time before it has to throttle down.

EDIT: I guess there's some interest in just how much power the GPU needs, 3x 8-pin plus the PCI-E is a lot but the GPU apparently uses it. (Om nom nom?)

3. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro Fury OC
    It is stated that it is an early model. Sapphire usually has some of the better solutions in their customs.

4. Socio

Socio Member

"three 8-pin power connectors" sounds like this card is going to draw a lot of power.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
    Its a 56, been updated on videocardz.

6. Lukart

Lukart Member

GPU:
    Waiting for the next Gen
    The PowerColor 64 Red Devil Vega is already out and listed. There was a good review on computerbase. Looks like they did a better job than Asus with their Strix, the Red Devil is more quiet and performs better.