Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Green Screen Crash

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by AirKnight, Feb 21, 2021.

1. AirKnight

AirKnight Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon rxt
    Hi All,

When I'm starting up my PC everything seems OK and fine, once I start a game (Star Trek Online) during the loading suddenly a green screen and either I wait until the PC restarts itself or I reboot manually.

This problems seems to come and go whenever it likes. As an example 1-2 days I play all sorts of games including STO and nothing is happening I can play without any problems.

Next day Windows loads and I open only Firefox Green screen, rebooting and opening any game green screen etc. after a few reboots things started to go normal.

I have installed windows twice and the problem persists, I cannot get rid of it.

I can't figure out what the problem can be (my best guess seems Graphic Card). For the build I have please see below the full specs;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz,16 MB 65W 7nm
    Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B86)
    Motherboard BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. H.A0, 26.11.2020
    RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8x2)
    OS Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.1411)
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse GDDR6 8GB 128Bit
    GPU Driver Version: 20.10.35.02 (installed with Windows)
    PSU: 650W

PS: I've used OCCT 7.3.2 and 8.0.0.11 when I do the power test it crashes after 3 seconds

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It is a gpu issue. Green and red screens are mostly tied to video. Try rising the voltage little bit or if you are overclocking back off to stock. Card should not be but looks unstable. Also try using different hdmi/dp cable.

3. AirKnight

AirKnight Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon rxt
    Thank you very much, I'm not OC will change HDMI Cable and provide further info.

4. AirKnight

AirKnight Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon rxt
    Since the day I changed the Cable everything was fine until today, it happened again green screen after login to the Game (Star Trek Online). Got the la Windows 10 Update now version is Win 10 Pro
    "10.0.19042 Build 19042"

5. AirKnight

AirKnight Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon rxt
    Hi,

It's been a long time since I wrote this post. My problem still seems to be happening from time to time.

Meanwhile, I have upgraded to W11 and hope this will solve my problem but no chance.
    On my hardware specification has nothing changed except the OS which is now "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22000.376]" when I check with cmd. On Windows About screen it says as follow;

Edition = Windows 11 Pro
    Version = 21H2
    Installed on = 29.10.2021
    OS Build = 22000.376

Is there any way to confirm that it is because of the Power conditions?