Sapphire HD 7870 OC crash with black screen and sound loop

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Zahlokhnir, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    I sent my card to RMA and they sad that my card is fine... You can show them place in skyrim whem in my case pc always crash :S

I gave my card to my friend with amd processor and in hic pc card doesnt crash, i get from him GTX 460 and on my pc work perfect :S

So if this radeon card is soo good tell my why it doesnt work on my pc while nvidia works fine?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G
    you want to make an offer then, on the refurbished card that sapphire sends me back:eek3:

3. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    That answers the question that it is not an issue with the card. Something else in your computer is not working properly. The NVidia card has not exposed the issue in that exact scenario you describe but it may do in future.

4. NewNickPL

NewNickPL Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
    Yea right... Some thing else is broken but not super sapphire card, but when i pull back it from my pc and put nvidia card then it is just accidentally that all errors are gone...

Seems legit

5. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Member

GPU:
    Powercolor ATI HD7850 PCS
    Guyz the problem is not about sapphire and HD7870 I have Powercolor HD7850 and i have the same issue.

6. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    There is a weak spot in your rig that the card is exposing. It works in another pc which immediately rules the card out. Your PSU is below the requirement for the 7870 but is above it for the 460. Time to start looking for the actual problem.

7. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    When I have had problems with components in the past I try a number of things. Try cleaning the drivers off the computer and trying a new set. Try reseating the gfx card. Redo all the electronic connections. Check there is enough airflow around the card. Check the temperature of the card. Remove any overclock if it has one.

8. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Member

GPU:
    Well there are 366 posts in this topic and roughly 20-25 users who has the same issue.I think we have enough reasons to believe HD 7xxx are broken.

9. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    Not if they work fine in another computer as in that case.

I think after an RMA, it being tested by the manufacturer and on another computer it is safe to assume the issue lies elsewhere in this individual case. Other cases that you refer to are different.

10. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Member

GPU:
    Well you are right but the users who has this issue has just gpu in common. Also AMD acknowledged this issue too. Secondly people tried different gpu in their configuration and then they got no issue.I mean it must be the gpu.

11. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    I think it is better to try the card in another rig or even better try a known working one in your rig. That will help rule in or out the card.

12. rumpltumpskin

rumpltumpskin Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870 G
    i appreciate that you are trying to help man but many of us have tried the same card in more than one rig and had the same problem even though other cards worked. many have also had the same issue with cards of different brands.

this is a driver problem plain and simple. the conflict comes from certain cpu/mobo combos.

13. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Member

GPU:
    Well if we are certain this is the source of the issue. My RMA said they updated my gpu bios. Maybe it's fixed with that.I'll try it next week keep you updated.

14. Suprdan

Suprdan New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870
    I have the same issue with this card as people have descirbed earlier in this thread. I'm downloading the 12.11 drivers now, reporting back asap with my results :)

15. Pashka_ch1981

Pashka_ch1981 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 GE
    No, I didn't, no black screens before. But performance was definitely lower. Plus now clocks are stable during running 3d applications.

16. Pashka_ch1981

Pashka_ch1981 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 GE
    Maybe it's about driver components installation. For example, I install only video driver and OpenCl driver (no ccc), I have disabled amd high definition sound device and I do not use any overclocking programs (at least for now), such as MSI Afterburner, Trixx.... Try to do the same.

17. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    Where? Are they finally working on making a fix?

18. Cysticfinger

Cysticfinger Member

GPU:

there was a post in previous pages about a sent mail from AMD.They were saying we know this issue and we are working on it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  19. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    AMD seems to have really screwed up with this generation. Guess I have to be thankful that I only had to deal with flickering for months and that I had no crash issues at all.

20. milentenev

milentenev New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 OC
    Well for me 12.11 is working like a charm. No black screens at all and UMTS is ENABLED, the annoying 2d/3d clocks switching is gone and for me I know that the problem is related to it because when I used HiS iTurbo for disabling this feature I didn't experienced any black screens in combination with 12.6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.