Sapphire customer service malicious!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Bo_Fox, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Bo_Fox

Bo_Fox Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1GB, 8800GTX
    A sincere customer at Sapphire returned a broken X1900XT to Sapphire but was offered an exchange for X1950Pro with 256MB RAM, as an "upgrade". After a brief discussion, the forum moderator admitted that it was a downgrade but banned the user from the forums.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/showthread.php?p=101076#post101076

I stepped in and tried to defend the customer's side. See:
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/showthread.php?p=101110#post101110

This kind of dis-service and malicious intent toward customers require immediate attention. I am never buying from Sapphire again until that service changes.

2. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    I how hate Sapphire even more. I can't RMA my bieing X1950 PRO because I bought it on ebay and don't have a receipt. That's the first time I've been asked for a receipt with an RMA. Why the hell do they care where you got it from?

3. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    Bo_Fox you were banned too. They are bunch of thieves. Thats all. its like buying a 2006 Subaru WRX, it brakes you ask for a new one and they give you 2007 Subaru base model. lol... Sapphire has good prices and somehow good quality but as fas as customer care ,they are bunch of cockheads .

4. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Can't you get a refund?

5. SANAFABICH

SANAFABICH Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X1950pro AGP 512 MB
    wow, that is SO not how customer service should be

6. Bo_Fox

Bo_Fox Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1GB, 8800GTX
    Looks like that moderator has already caused a few thousand of dollars of damage to Sapphire so far... it will only multiply in the coming months by the spread of word-of-mouth. Reputation is an important thing, for certain, just like feedback on Ebay or Heatware. Sapphire thinks that reputation doesnt matter--looks like they will have to learn the hard way.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    MSI did the same to me when I was returning a defective GeForce, but luckily I still had the receipt. At least Sapphire straight up told him to eat **** and die, MSI screwed around and kept sending duds all of which were either dead on arrival or died within minutes until I went in to their RMA "office" and kicked them in the nuts forcing a proper one out of them.

But anyway thanks for spreading the news, this is at least the 7th time I've heard of Sapphire sending downgrades then telling the customers to get lost. I certainly won't be buying from them. I'd rather pay the extra $10 and buy the card from a company that offers proper customer service and warranty.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  8. SANAFABICH

SANAFABICH Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X1950pro AGP 512 MB
    Same here, unless I read at least a propper apology from an important person within the company.

9. mikmik

mikmik New Member

GPU:
    sapphire radeon x1950pro agp
    is sapphireforum directly tied to sapphire the company?
    I understand it's tagged via sapp's website,
    but all the mods say it is unofficial.

As to the flames, I dont get it

10. tc17

tc17 New Member

The 2nd post in that thread says that forum is not an official sapphire support forum. Although the still had no right to ban him.

I had already ordered a Sapphire 3870. I haven't received it yet. Not sure what I'll do.

11. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    stupidity not malice

After reading that thread, I think this was a case of poor communication. A call center techie may be trained just to offer the next card "up" numerically as standard operating procedure, without realizing that he's offering a downgrade. This is, in part ATI & nvidia's fault for using such obfuscated naming conventions. However, the 4-6 weeks shipping time is just BS in my opinion.

In short I think these folks are incompetent not malicious. Nevertheless who wants to be harmed by doing business with incompetent businessmen?

12. patto

patto Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OCX 896
    Not good, Ive just RMA'd my his X1950 pro 512 back to over clockers last week not sure on what they will do yet but i hope they give a better service than these...

CheeRS
    Patto

13. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Overclockers.co.uk?

14. rammut

rammut Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X1600Pro
    Sapphire :puke2: Customer

15. patto

patto Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OCX 896
    yep thats the ones..???

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    It almost goes for the majority of companies out there. I can't write them all off. There are some decent ones still out there but too few sadly.

Good luck with that then. The only time OCUK's RMA service has been fantastic is during the first 28 day period. As they just swap out whatever is there in the shop.

As soon as you go outside the 28 days, RMA hell. It can take as long as over 1, to 2 months maybe more. I had one with them that lasted just over 3 months and they lost the item near the end of the second month. I don't know what happens when it was in the manufacturers hands (I'll not go into that story on how it got sorted). This has been the second time they have lost my RMA'd piece of hardware to two different manufacturers over a long prolonged period. Their lack of chasing up companies and getting things done is very discouraging. It's one thing to lose it once, its very poor a second time.

Prepare yourself with "we are still awaiting word from the manufacturer" as weeks/months go past.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/forums_overclockers_co_uk__5830106

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Overclockers_co_uk

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews5686.html

17. Trance_Head

Trance_Head Active Member

GPU:
    2x 8800 GTS 512
    After reading that RMA dillema with Sapphire, It comes down to this:

Who has superior customer service on ATI based cards then?

Sapphire makes good products, I've owned a couple of them, but that is by far the crappiest customer service ever, sheesh. Hopefully that person got what he wanted after some time, but damn that's some S#$#! to be going through in getting a replacement.

18. patto

patto Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OCX 896
    great stuff, not looking forward to this then, i really do hope overclockers dont dissapoint... Fingers Crossed...

CheeRS
    Patto

19. tc17

tc17 New Member

Whoever this guy is claiming he has bad support from Sapphire needs to knock off writing the bad reviews on Newegg. You know it from the same person. He had turned the reviews into his personal message forum. He doesn't even own a 3870.

Its convinced me that I'll keep the card when I get it tomorrow.