1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro Launch

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Eastcoasthandle, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

Remember that this user kept fan speed at 45%-50% throughout the whole video.

EDIT:
    Launch of Nitro today!

Between the Nitro and the Red Devil the Nitro is faster. However, consumes more power using the performance profile. You can use the silent profile and get RD results at a lower power curve.

The 1st feature is Nitro is Trixx Boost.
    Which allows you to reduce 4K/1440p/Hi res resolution to a slightly lower resolution. Then you can select that resolution in-game. You can still enable RIS to sharpen as needed and still get a pretty big boost in frame rates. So far the boost puts the Nitro in the 2080s area.

The 2nd feature is the Triple Bios Switch.
    Power
    Silent
    Software: Trixx Software lets you switch between Power and Silence. You still reboot the PC.

The 3rd feature is the ability to replace each fan with 1 screw.

You can buy RGB fans separately from Sapphire if you like.

Nitro is power phases is 8-1.
    Red Devil power phase is 10-1.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

Review 5700xt Nitro with Trixx Boost. Which puts the 5700xt Nitro with the 2080s.
    IQ looks very similar between trixx boost and w/o. Also, you can enable RIS if you still want to sharpen the IQ.

This is phenomenal performance IMO.

Embra, OnnA and Maddness like this.
  3. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    It will be interesting to see it running and compare the image against the downscaled image. Hopefully the results are better than DLSS, because it gives the same sort of results.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Trixx Boost is the Future :p
    And i need to test it myself (to see the real IQ)
    I've tried Custom resolution in AC:O & GR:WL + Reshade w/RIS and image is very similar to True 1440p.

Note:
    Good thing is that TriXX working for any game.
    I need to test it with my new ZEN 3700X at 4300-4350MHz.

TriXX Boost (TriXX 7.0)
    https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/software

-> OP in Navi & Vega updated

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Tested and working for any game (i've set 1440p 90% 2304:1296)
    GR:WL Mixed Ultra/V.High TAA +7FPS gain on average, im using Reshade w/RIS and other stuff, no visual degradation of IQ :D

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  6. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Good to know!

Now the question is to RIS or to not RIS!

Hmm, it says after selecting the resolution you have to manually select it in your game. That resolution option doesn't show up in game. BO4
    I run Trixx 1st then start the game.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  7. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Where are these cards being sold?
    I know they've been released.

8. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    I think most of the AIB cards are in high demand. Might take a couple of weeks to see them in stock.

9. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    Embra likes this.
  10. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    Fingers crossed HH will have his hands on one soon!

11. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I look forward to such a review if he does.

12. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    $850.00 for it hey, mmmmmmm I'm curious about the review on this 1 too.

13. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    It should be no more then $450. If it's more it's being gouged.

14. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Ok, I have the card now and here is my experience with it so far.
    • When it works it works. Enjoy 1440p gaming at over 100 fps in most titles I play.
    • RIS is one of the best features out there for IQ and I love it. I can immediately see the difference with in enabled in games.
    • Sapphire Trixx is great app but it doesn't have any OC'ing capability. Something I wish it did have as earlier version did.
    • I do like the RGB lighting and with ST I can control how it works.
    • At stock clocks it's very powerful gpu.
    • Very cool temps similar to my old card.
    However, I've run into problems:
    • It aggressively downclocks to around 300Mhz while in game!!!!!!! This causes stuttering and low gpu usage.
    • If I cap frame rates it lowers gpu usage.
    • I had to do some tinkering around to get it to work right (your mileage may vary).
    • GPU frequency seems to have a mind of it's own (wattman). I try to set it to at least reach 2100Mhz and I haven't seen that yet
    • Best results seem to only come from 3DMark runs. In game, although playable not always as smooth

Overall, I'm ok with the card. I can only assume that drivers will mature. However, there are many who has complained about Navi in general with similar experiences I had.

Saying that I do hope AMD drops some driver improvements soon.

Jackalito and JonasBeckman like this.
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Hitting around 2000 to 2050 Mhz should be doable although the default bios might apply quite some voltage for the stock 2100 boost range so a drop here and a bit of a nudge of the power slider for some extra can stabilize a higher boost clock but in testing expect it to vary a bit even in benchmarks trying to apply a even stable load on the hardware and thus keeping a similar performance level such as 3DMark as was mentioned.

Exact values are a bit different from every card, I would probably try 1.2v first if it's doing 1.260 or somewhere for the defaults and an extra 10 or 20% power perhaps depending on which bios you are using.
    (Nitro so a silent bios, a OC/default bios and then a third bios that basically lets you switch between the other two settings in TriXX for what it does.)

EDIT: Above that though well reviews tend to mostly all land around ~ 2 Ghz with some variance but many also straight up overclock the card without adjusting voltages and might hit various GPU limits as a result which is why undervolting and overclocking can work well together as long as the values are stable.

Pushing the core clocks down can really allow for some reduction in GPU core voltage but keeping around 2 - 2.1 Ghz core clocks I'd test lower value reductions over a run or two at a time to ensure stability instead of immediately trying -50mv steps.

Having the card sustain the clock speeds and having enough power to do so and boost to that or a bit higher without hitting any stability issues.

Spikes to higher values (~2.2 Ghz) can happen but the card applies more power as needed. (Upwards to 1.3v I think for a short period of time with a maximum of 1.36v or around there I think it was.)

Hmm how to say something like the card boosting up for all it can and then correcting down to a lower value so when measuring also via Wattman the reported maximum can be around 2.2Ghz and 1.3v which at first might seem odd but it's just what it does although not too frequently and for only very short bursts.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019

16. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    If I recall correctly there are tools preventing downclocking overall. Do you RDNA guys tested any of them, to see if FPS are stable? If this is clearly a clock thing and clock thing alone, those stutters of downclocking I mean.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah for the power states on earlier GPU models that was a thing including Radeon VII even if it used a few less than Vega did. (Three user adjustable power states instead of seven.)

Navi is a bit like Ryzen having a freely adjustable clock speed and can go all over the place so it's hard to actually lock it to anything even if Wattman might seem like it could adjust minimum and maximum to close or identical values but then the minimum is almost ignored entirely aside from maybe voltage values so that might be a driver issue as well or only apply in some specific conditions so it can't really be locked down in the same way and the main thing is from power draw and voltage to GPU core also affecting boost values and the resulting performance but that's a bit all over with the GPU core clocks fluctuating a fair bit.

Newer drivers can apply both software and micro code kinda like firmware updates so it can be adjusted and probably will be tuned over time which should change how this all works though how well that remains to be seen.

Maddness and warlord like this.