SanDisk Offers 1TB UHS-I microSD Card Does 160 MB/s

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    At Mobile World Congress, the company is showcasing the world's fastest 1TB UHS-I microSD flash memory card, the 1TB SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSDXC card. The new card features higher speed and capac...

SanDisk Offers 1TB UHS-I microSD Card Does 160 MB/s

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Honestly, that price is reasonable considering how massive that amount of storage is in such a tiny form factor. That's also pretty decent performance for an SD card. It wasn't that long ago when we had 1TB SATA and PCIe SSDs for the same price (though, they were a lot faster).

3. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I thin that's a good price also for such a massive storage space, probably price will fall in short time, i remember when 32gb mSD were like the ultimate storage, i bought one for a fortune, today those just cost 5 bucks

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It still amazes me to no end how on earth we could store such quantity of information on such small piece of technology.
    I remember the day when @Hilbert Hagedoorn foresaw the whole SSD development and benched some weird SSD made out of flash cards.
    Anyone remembers that?

Koniakki likes this.

5. kroks

kroks Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    So weird to see 1TB written on the card :)

6. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    400GB microsd all the time go on sale on amazon for under 100$
    One day i even got 5 for like 70EUR a pop from amazon Germany to re-sell on ebay

7. Bullseye2267

Bullseye2267 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080/8GB
    Thank Area 51 <s>.

Back in the 90's I was talking with a friend's father one day. We were talking about computer tech and we got to the size of hard drive storage. I mentioned how I thought 90MB drive I was eyeballing was huge amount of storage space in such a small package. o_O He told me which I didn't even know, never asked, that the company he worked for (retired) was in the early R&D of magnetic disc storage & when he left, their "platter" was bigger then an album and held I think he said kilobytes. I think it would be funny to lay this micro card on top of one of those platters for comparison. Captioned "One of these can hold a Terabyte of data. Which one?"