Samsung to share the cause of the Note 7 issues this month

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    I'd seen this investigated and diagnosed somewhere before.
    The problem was the design of the battery compartment. Not enough empty space around the battery to account for its expansion. The replacements wouldn't have fared any better, because the fault was down to the basic design of the frame of the device.

3. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    @reno_skychaser: yes, a few months ago.

yesterday's news:

https://goo.gl/kogICb

October 10, 2016

According to a unpublished preliminary report sent to Korea's Agency for Technology and Standards (obtained by Bloomberg), Samsung had a manufacturing error that "placed pressure on plates contained within battery cells," which "brought negative and positive poles into contact."

"The defect was revealed when several contributing factors happened simultaneously, which included sub-optimized assembly process that created variations of tension and exposed electrodes due to insufficient insulation tape," a Samsung representative tells CNET

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hard year for Samsung, hope they'll have everything sorted out for their next Galaxy S smartphone. My Galaxy S4 battery can barely handle a day and i'm in mood for change :nerd:

5. Izi Cheeseborn

Izi Cheeseborn Active Member

GPU:
    Strix GTX980ti SLi
    I see. Will this be pinned down to the chassis designer or product manufacturer?