Samsung S8

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

2,3 weeks old and I am used to this back side finger print sensor.

So happy with s8 plus. Size weight. All Good. Just ram is issue? I use SwiftKey in all my devices. Sometimes it takes time to to appear. Why no 6 gb of ram.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

Surely it's not using all 4GB? I never get anywhere near 4GB with the S7, even with 4 big games and 8 fairly large apps running in the background I still have 880MB free

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

it could be that the program is sleeping so it will take a bit longer to activate.
    default rom dont have any optimisations to speed apps also.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

SwiftKey is somehow problem on iPhone and Samsung phones. Huawei. Htc. Sony. All good. But Samsung rom or what ever it is, this SwiftKey is can't even match my typing speed and it sometimes lags while it starts. Even when I clicked here to type now. First a black box then I see keyboard. Happens not often. But happens can't even match to my typing speed. Googled this issue yes Samsung phones has this. S7 SwiftKey lag etc. S8 has same issue.

And this orchid grey is perfect for hiding the finger prints on the backside. But a bit gay color? I prefer black. Shame it was not available while I bought this color. Considering selling this color and re buying the black one.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

Just wear a bright pink shirt then the phone will look grey :D

I don't see any lag or black boxes / typing speed problems on my S7 with Swiftkey

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

as my wife says: "you keep pulling all negative things to yourself like a magnet".

you guys using Sidesync on Samsung? I just replied a phone call on may MacBook via that app. how cool it is.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

Samsung is preparing Bixby launch :D

[​IMG]