Samsung S23A750D 23" LED 3D or BenQ XL2410T 24" LED 3D Full HD

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by jeffarese, Nov 5, 2011.

1. jeffarese

jeffarese Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD6990 4G
    Hi all.
    I'm going to buy a new monitor and I wanted it to be a 120hz one. I usually play a lot FPS games, so I want it to be smooth, responsive and fast.

I found many reviews of the BENQ monitor (like http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2410t.htm) saying that despite it's not very accurate in color terms, is VERY, VERY fast and smooth, ideal for FPS games.

My other option was the Samsung S23A750D 23" LED 3D but I wasn't able to find any review on google. Anyone know anything about this monitor?

Wich one should I buy?

Thanks and sorry for the bad english.

2. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I own the Samsung S27A750D 27", it's an excellent monitor for FPS games although there are a few issues with it.

1) On occasion the monitor will lose signal when connected to displayport which is the only video output for 120Hz...HDMI only allows up to 60Hz.

2) Sometimes when waking your computer up from sleep mode the monitor won't power back on.

3) It has a glossy screen, this may be annoying for some who don't like the screen to reflect.

4) It's default brightness is too bright, I currently have mine at 40% for both brightness & contrast.

5) Green ghosting on some games if you haven't installed the monitor drivers.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I bought an 23" Alienware Optx from Dell and it's pretty good. Was going to get the Samsung but didn't like the glossy screen (I never play in a completely darkened room so it would have been an issue). They're the only 2 brands I'd recommend.

4. izyman69

izyman69 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radion HD5970
    @beast, I also just purchased that monitor along with a hd5970, have u had any problems with the tridef software saying "please connect to a compatible 3d display" error code 00300135 "3d is disabled"

5. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I haven't tried 3D yet, it requires an HDMI 1.4 cable connected which I don't have right now.

6. izyman69

izyman69 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radion HD5970
    Would u use a dvi to hdmi cable or a display port cable? Because I'm using a display port cable, could that be my problem? I'm running at 120hz tho.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    HDMI wont let you use 120Hz at 1080p so wont support 3D gaming at 1080p.
    You can play 1080p 3D movies over HDMI as they run at 60Hz or less.

8. izyman69

izyman69 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radion HD5970
    ok, i got confused again on what hdmi is capable of. reading a bit more on it is see that you are correct indeed. even hdmi 1.4 is still only good for 60hz. 1.4b is coming out sometime and is supost to do 120hz. but thats a non issue at the moment. Here is what tridef has to say so far.

Hi Isaac,

From what I can see, you have selected 'Line interlaced' as your 3D output mode?
    This is not supported by the Samsung 750D as it uses active shutter glasses.

As you are using an AMD card from the 5000 series, please select the following from the TriDef 3D Control Panel:
    Manufacturer: AMD
    Model: AMD HD3D Technology

Or you can select
    Manufacturer: (standard display types)
    Model: Side by side

Choose the 3D output mode you like the best.
    If your monitor doesn't switch to 3D automatically, you might have to do it manually via the monitors 3D options menu.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
    TriDef Support

Hello, and thank you for your respose. I am able to use the standard
    display type with side by side, but many games crash or do not work
    correctly. It is also very difficult to open a file under this setting
    as normal non tridef windows are unreadable, and i have to switch the
    monitor back to 2d, select the file and then switch it back to side by
    side 3d. I am not using the line interlaced setting, i am trying to
    get the Manufacturer: AMD
    Model: AMD HD3D Technology to work. Under this setting is when i
    receive the error message. I notice that it says amd hd3d (hdmi 1.4a)
    Does the also work with a display port cable, or do you have to use
    an hdmi cable.

Thanks again

9. izyman69

izyman69 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radion HD5970
    sorry i meant to post that in the original thread i had started.