Samsung Magician software...?

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Syidi, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    guys...

I just installed Samsung Magician software to check on my SSD health, performance and everything that the software can do but it did not detect my Samsung 128GB 830 series SSD as a Samsung branded SSD...

what should I do?

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    post a pic

3. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
  4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Weird. Is your SATA ports set to AHCI?

5. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    yes... my mobo default SATA port is already set to AHCI

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    are you talking about authentication?

7. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    before the authentication happened, the software need to detect my SSD first as a Samsung branded one... but it's doesn't

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I don't think it supports PM830 (or does is it something else?). Usually OEM Samsungs and not the most common retail units aren't supported by their SSD tool.

9. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I guess mine is the OEM version... here's the example picture http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6551/ssdxq.jpg

10. skare

skare Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1000M
    samsung 830 problem

Hello!

I have problem with ssd samsung 830 (oem version) built in my laptop because I can't use full features of Samsung Magician Utility 4.0.
    I only want to use samsung magician utility, it has very nice interface,and really like it.I 'm having trouble to update firmware on my ssd. Present firmware on my notebook is CXM05H1Q, and I want to update it with official samsung firmware CXM03B1Q. Is it possible and how I manage to do that?I am aware that is not possible to update in windows by utility samsung because this utility only shows basic information of drive, it does not detect it samsung drive, it doesn't show info of whether is sata 1,2,3. I only manage to run the test of writing/reading speed,iops etc...
    Is there any chance I could use Samsung Magician utility with full options available?
    In attachment I send screenshot of drive summary of ssd.
    [​IMG]

Is there any way someone could suggest me somekind of solution to solve this problem. Is firmware update problem or?

Best regards,

11. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Hai Skare...

you can update new firmware for the SSD but without using Samsung Magician utility. I noticed that only Samsung non-oem SSD can be detected using Samsung Magician software.

about the sata interface you can check it inside your bios

12. skare

skare Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1000M
    how I can do that without samsung magician?

13. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I have search in Samsung website, there's is no Samsung 830 series being placed as their product. They only provide support for their retail product. I strongly advised you to search for new firmware update from your notebook manufacturer site. If they have it, then you can update it. About updating new firmware, you can access it here http://www.storagereview.com/how_upgrade_ssd_firmware
    Some manufacture change a bit the software or firmware to run better/compatible with their system.

Like my SSD now, I have no idea how to upgrade it to the new firmware. Anyway, I have no issues while using the SSD till now.