Samsung Galaxy S5 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by PhazeDelta1, Feb 12, 2014.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I'm making a purchase today and am undecided on which to get lol. All night I did research and now I'm leaning toward the HTC One M8 again, especially for those awesome front speakers. I read there's an option in settings to turn the android bar off - so it goes away when the screen is left alone and reappears when you touch the screen - this way you get to use the entire screen for viewing, is this true? It's really one of my main issues.

My big turn around against the S5 now, after reading people who demoed or had/have both - the HTC One (even in testing through reviews) seems to be faster in loading and running apps, "it's just quicker at things than the s5" as it was put. Also, I'm with verizon and they only sell the 16GB version of the S5, the HTC they sell is 32gb, and while I know external storage is available for both, 16gb is not enough internal, especially when a lot of apps don't completely move to the sd cards.

So right now, I'm leaning HTC One M8. I've never had such a hard time figuring out a phone to buy. lol.

I really don't have a ton of issues with my iphone 5c, I'm just tired of the constriction, I can't do much with it, the interface is boring, things are condescendingly easy. I miss rooting and tinkering.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    HTC ONE m8 vs S5...hmm.. used HTC one for 2-3 months? i guess and S5 for 3 days but i can simply say S5 , samsung, oddly wins this round. good job.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    There are a lot of great phones to choose from now. The LG G3 looks like a great phone too and there's the bizarrely named OnePlus One, though both of those are huge phones with 5.5" screens. I think 5" is the ideal size for me and although the HTC One M8 is taller/longer than more other phones, I'm happy to sacrifice that for those fantastic stereo speakers. Why all phones don't have them, I do not know, but I could never go back to a phone with a rear mono speaker now.

It's kind of annoying for me to come from the Samsung Galaxy S3 to the HTC One M8 though and not be able to store apps and games on my MicroSD card. I really hope that feature is added in a later Android update. The S3 didn't have that feature until Android 4.3 from memory.

4. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 XG438Q
    16gb isnt a problem for me..I use Foldermount to mount big folders like Android/data to my 128gb Microsd...Satisfied so far with my S5.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    bought GOLD ROSE model to wife. she gone crazy. she says sweeter than the blue iphone 5c. indeed honey. 5c is ancient now. meh now.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC