Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by sdamaged99, May 7, 2012.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Help me pls. U know if u make call or if somebody calls u, it appears on the list that exist below the FAVORIES list. U cant delete it by holding on the name u know. How to delete it.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    You mean the call log?

If it's anything like the S2, press the menu button and you should be able to clear the log.

sneaky sneaky bigtime

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol yes iam sneaky sneaky. iam calling my ex wife if she is ok or not and m new wife MUST NOT SEE this... my ex lives far away to me. so , need to hear from her if she is doing fine or not.

Anyway, the way u describe doesnt work for the thng i want. but i sovled my problem. there is REMOVE FROM FAVORITES option. i thought it is directly linked to FAVORITES but it also lets u remove the CALL LOG FAVORITES...i solved my issue man thanx ;)

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    LOVE THIS PHONE TO PIECES!

But I just brought Dead Space off the Samsung store for it to play on the train journey's to work and back and whilst to runs smooth as silk and controls are great the sound stutters and chokes all over the place. Not happening in my other games at all, just this one...

Anyone know why?

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    What colour did people get? I *might* get one but not sure I like the blue but then a white phone might get grubby?

6. Symbiosis

Symbiosis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I got the white version mate but I was sick and tired of having a wealth of black iPhones over the past few years, I've got to say though that so far the white version has remained in mint condition......I guess the choice of colour is just your own personal preference at the end of the day.

7. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Thanks, think I'll get white, next question is data, 1GB or 2GB for £3.50 ($5.50) a month more. Bearing in mind I currently use 30mb (yes thirty megabytes) of data a month (although am on unlimited) on my none 'smart' phone. I will occasionally tether to my tablet though, but on my current phone I only visit forums and facebook and with opera mini that's 30mb a month. However I did tether my PC to my phone when I didn't have a broandband connection and I managed to use 4GB in a day, but that was lots of youtube.

I think 1GB should be enough though as long as I don't stream videos etc, just for sites it's fine, I can update apps and things at home on wifi. They don't charge if you go over anyway, you just get capped at 0.01mbps which is like GPRS speed and I browse over that ok quite often currently.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I have unlimited data for 10 €/month and honestly once you start surffi' 1 or 2 GB will start to feel small rather soon.

It's funny... If I had better phone than my Galaxy S, it would probably hae faster internet than our ADSL connection. I'm getting 0,8 megabytes download speed and my phone can only do 7,2 Mbit/s max so hardware is the limiting factor. Upload speed is much better already on my phone.

9. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    Just got mine today and have to say... holy #$#@ this is a cool phone. At work i used it has a personal speaker and played pandora through my khaki shorts... sounded epic.

10. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    [​IMG]

Kerdunk. Verizon caved and reinstated their individual plans again.

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I too recently bought the Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 several days back...

First time EVER buying a tab, however, considering the size & weight of it, it does EVERYTHING without being too big or heavy...

I just need to get a bluetooth headset as I look absolutely rediculous when rasing the phone to my ear to speak, lol.

I was speaking to a friend over the phone the day I bought it & a random guy who walked past turned around, looked & laughed since I basically had a mini laptop on my ear, haha...

Believe it or not I've replaced my Samsung Galaxy Note with the 7.7 tab and it runs & feels faster than the Note, unsure why...

I'm using GoLauncher Ex which is brilliant & super customizable, very quick...

I spent HOURS today customizing the menu, icons, looks, layout, tabs, etc...

As for the Galaxy S III, it costs around £100 more than the 7.7 Tab. Apart from the quad core processor and better camera it's the exact same specification.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Bloody ****ing hell. $90 a month (which is unbelievable pricey) and still have to pay $200 for phone? With those prices the phone should be "free".

13. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Welcome to US prices with crappy contracts and supposedly subsidized phones which you end up paying more in the long term through your contract period. This is actually barely scratching the surface on US carriers.

14. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Don't complain about crappy contracts until you see Canada's Big 3's crappy contracts lol.

Cellular in North America is in a sad state tbh.

deltatux

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    This is what I'm looking at:

[​IMG]

The O2 ones are with 30% off (staff discount I might be getting, so normal price is £25.20 > £36, £28.70 > £41). The Three deal and my current one are normal prices anyone can get. My current one didn't come with a phone, but for the first year was only £8.33 a month. One off cost is the handset price, £-90 is £90 cashback you get from them.

I won't know if I can get the staff discount yet on the mobiles.co.uk deal which is by far the cheapest, so got to buy the phone and if it doesn't work return it, I'll know by next week.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ARRGG..

i bought Blackberry 9900..and this is the PHONE i needed for a long long time. giving my S3 to wife and selling her s2.

9900, a manly phone. simple, friendly, and battery friend.

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Not saying it's bad but it looks like a calculator. :D

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol i cant deny some part of it but, del, phone looks rock solid. shame trends r on android and iOS..i dont say they r bad. i used both of them but, a real phone user needs this kind of solid phone i guess..or maybe this will break in time anyway :(

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    True about that, hard to break a blackberry. I've known people to drop them several times and as their light & made of plastic, it's unlikely it'll break.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Loool :)

By the way look. I was putting my s3 with 100% battery at night and when i wakeup it was below %70 in the morning. No sync, no emails, no gps, just weather in every 3 hours. And battery mod.

But 9900 still %98. Now that my phone :). And email push weather every 1 hour etc is on :)