Samsung Galaxy S3 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by sdamaged99, May 7, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080 Ti
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do they make Mini versions of these things like Sony does?

4. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    Yeah the US/Canadian variant will have the dual core S4 which is whats powering the HTC One X. Slightly slower than the Exynos but it will also come with 2GB of ram which was shown to actually give a boost in performance with apps that eat up a lot of ram.

Not sure on this but I think Korea will be coming out with a special edition Exynos w/ 2GB of ram.

I still have the S2 so I won't be upgrading for a while but my bro will be upgrading to the S3 from an iphone 4.

5. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It's actually a mix of A15 features on A9. A15 hasn't been finalized yet when Qualcomm was building the S4 chips.

deltatux

6. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I've got a iphone 4s, but I'm a huge fan of the open source goodness that is Android (used to have a Galaxy S). I want this phone but it doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade over my current one unless someone went through a similar path and says otherwise.

The size comparison makes the s3 look like a tablet! I have to see one of these in person to see if its too big.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Gave my s2 to my wifeand got my s3 . Such great screen. It clearly beats anything that u throw at it. My s2 looks funny next to it. It came with android 4.0.4. This device is best until i5 arrives :)

But, cant make scrolable wallpaper for the main screen as i did for s2 :(

8. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    Slap on CM9 and play with it :D!

It really depends on your preference since you're the one going to be using your devices day in and out :p but my bro is going from an iphone4 to the s3 and he said he was just bored of the iphone, he said its a good phone, solid build and it feeling/weight as well but he said he just wanted a change.

Iphone5 should be coming by the end of the year (maybe?) and it will be bigger so it will have a body revamp (vs iphone4/4s) but the thing that iphone has over android is the larger app market but for me its only a few exclusive games here and there, if i wanna game I got my PC :p. New iOS wont have googlemaps and will be using their own so thats also on preference. Just think of the things you use the phone for now and see if you cant live with some of the apps/features that the android device cant provide.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  9. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    ATT's Pebble Blue, yes my pic taking skills are horrible lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Man, the battery of the phone is unbelievable bad.

i indeed shut down SYNC and any other battery killers. even deleted all of my email accounts lol. no fancy stuff. no live wallpapers. BT is on but BT was on with IP4 and S2 too and both was doing good for 2 days. but this phone. cant make it till midnight. funny thing is when i unplug the charge cord, it directly goes to %99 .:W-T-F!!!!

11. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    International version right (exynos quad core)? I know the US/Canada version (s4 dual core) goes for about 21hrs with mild use.

I know they already have CM9 builds of international version, maybe you can try those http://get.cm/?device=i9300 for my S2 w/ CM9 I experiment with kernels and cpu tweaks for balance voltage/frequency at certain loads so I get the better battery.

[​IMG]

12. main_shoby

main_shoby Maha Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Qnix 2710 96Hz
    S4 krait is great, i can confirm 18+ hrs on my ONE S (which has same 8960 chip) for some reason gsmarena is showing different spec, but Quadrant standard showing 8960 which is same as GS3. one s has 1650mAh vs 2150 mAh? on gs3?

13. main_shoby

main_shoby Maha Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Qnix 2710 96Hz
    hell yeah :p, its same in USA lol. dual core krait can do 51xx+ on quadrant :p
    2gb ram means more multi tasking.. yaay

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Uz7; it is quad core man. I see cm9 is a tool lol. I thought a game or something.

Inadvance tweak section of the phone itself there are options to limit core usage.

But i wonnder if that eye catching ang making phone stay awake option eats alot of battery? Hmmm

15. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Finally got mine and very impressed. Battery life is very good too considering its size

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I think i have abroken battery. I started to use the phone on power consmption mode. And still very bad battery life :(. Will wait more Mah size battery pack to be appeared alater to change my battery.

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    I'd gotten mine about 2 weeks back, and it replaced my crappy Galaxy ACE. Of course, the difference between the ACE and S3 is like night and day. The S3 is gorgeous, and doesn't 'feel' cheap, and is real zippy. I'm, well, a Samsung fanboy and also have a Tab7.7 as the tablet of choice for me. S3 is selling like hotcakes here in Asia, heck, a friend, and his friends as well, is going to sell his 4S for the S3. And it's really odd seeing even the fairer sex (who prefer petite phones like the iPhones) toting Galaxy Notes and S3's. Bigger Smartphones seem to be the 'in' thing now.....

18. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Somethings wrong dude, this phone has the best battery life I've had for years. I leave everything thing on with auto brightness and it easily lasts the day with some to spare with 3-4 hours screen on time.

19. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Can i just suggest to anyone who has the S3, buy the Samsung case that you can get, it stops the phone feeling quite so cheap (which the battery cover does!) and the screen protection is OK for in your pocket etc

It's not going to prevent it from being broken if you drop it, but it makes your device feel and look more premium. It's hardly any thicker with it on too.

20. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    Oh yeah definitely, my bro bought like 5-6 different ones from ebay/amazon and they made the phone feel much solid without that much bulk. I did like the hybrid ones as they covered the buttons well and the outer shell protecting the corners. Not going to protect it from 5 story drops but it will help/reduce with minor drops. Only thing about them though is they tend to be dust magnets lol.