Saitek Eclipse III

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Li4m79, Jan 24, 2009.

1. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    how is "ghosting" on the logitech illuminated? Just asking because anti-ghosting is a feature a lot of gaming keyboards like to boast about.

2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ghosting? On a keyboard? If you can explain what it is then maybe I could answer.

3. PixelPerfect

PixelPerfect Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 285
    It looks great but I just love my Zboard Merc Illuminated, thats the absolute best and by far the best set up for gaming, their butterfly just rocks and you can chose 3 different background lights and how much you want it to glow, take that Saitek :D

http://www.ideazon.com/us/products/mercstealth.asp

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Logitech Illuminated looks very good, but it's 65€
    [​IMG]
    vs. Logitech UltraX Premium, 19€
    [​IMG]

Same (or same kind of) keys and Illuminated has small enter. Illuminated is my next keyboard if someone can tell me why it's superior to UltraX and price is justified.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Gaming keyboard is: backlit (but so is your illuminated) :), different key press action, macro keys. Gaming keyboard allow more simultaneous key presses as well. This was one thing that use to annoy me on every other keyboard before G15 (they were generic microsoft keyboards and a keyboard from logitech mx3000 wireless desktop). Playing PES I couldn't run diagonally while applying pressure with the 2nd defender while sprinting with the first one. I know it sounds retarded, but it really used to annoy me. A display is nice also on some keyboards.

Not taking anything away from the Illuminated, it surely is a great keyboard, it looks ace too. But I prefer my keys to be more raised and have a longer travel. Illuminated looks like it's a "laptop" keyboard. To each their own and I think that Eclipse 3 for the price it's retailing is a very nice keyboard.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I love the orange keys on the other hand. I play ice hockey and our team's colors are black/grey/orange, just like the G15 v2. Also, I prefer 6 macro keys and a smaller keyboard. To each their own again... They're both great.

7. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    One thing about ghosting on the Lycosa - only certain keys have anti-ghosting (W, A, S, D and a few others). The Tarantula is a better bet if you need to press more keys at once, but it's not illuminated (because of the anti-ghosting). The Eclipse II has the same anti-ghosting limitations as the Lycosa, I assume the Eclipse III would too.

The Logitech Illuminated looks great, but I heard it has some kind of bending problem in the middle because it's so thin?

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Unless you have incredibly heavy hands I don't think that's a problem. Besides the weight from your hands will be at the wrist rest plate, which is very steady with 3 rubber knobs supporting it. The keyboard both looks and feels very well made. It's incredibly heavy compared to it's size and thickness.

9. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    I really like the look of it, but I prefer oldskool keyboards with big keys. I wish they'd make a version with regular keys, I'd definitely buy one!

10. Charliew87

Charliew87 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 BE @ 676mhz
    Dunno if someone mentioned it but ghosting is when you cant press more than a few keys at the same time. Say you need to press Ctrl-alt-q-b or whatnot, your keyboard goes "beep" and you fail: youve been killed by ghosting.
    This is mostly a problem when you want to be able to move in fpses while using other commands.

The winner of all-time of keyboards just has to be the steelseries 7 keyboard, but that logitech looked awesome. This subject is really important to me seeing as my GF said I could choose whatever keyboard I wanted and shed pay for it. Id say the roof on the price has to be at about 70€ or so because my first pick was the lycosa :p Still havent ordered yet.

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    well i think i`m gonna definatley go with the Saitek 3.....i like the look of it, i found out that the UK version has a full size enter key( one in the pic is a US model) its a belated B`day pressie which i get to choose!!! think it`ll look sweet next to my antec 1200.. i`ve got a wee loving for neon blue at the minute!!
    hopefully i`ll have it by the end of the week, so will post my verdict

cheers!!

12. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    sorry, like charlie just posted above, basically when a keyboard doesn't support past a certain number of keys pressed at the same time, like my laptop doesn't register the 3rd or sometimes 4th key being pressed (I don't get a beep though)

13. Charliew87

Charliew87 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 BE @ 676mhz
    I, my friends, dont have the problem anymore because of my Saitek eclipse 2 (*halleluja music playing*) but I know there at least used to be an evil beep :p.

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    G15 V1 is much superior to V2, I can't stand the newly designed shape or the new display. V1 looks much better and the screen is larger and easier to read, I for one look at V2 as a step-down from the original design. However any G15 is more valuable than almost any other design simply for the fact you can monitor all your temps/usage/clocks without ever leaving games/apps to do so on the pop up display. This has been more useful in overclocking than people could imagine.

This is the thing I love most about the G15, feels like a tach/speedometer on a car. My Dad always said I "should get displays everywhere like a space ship" :D , made me laugh.

The only thing I could never find use for is the Macro G keys, I never figured out anything that needed 18 special keys.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  15. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I don't have the problem on my desktop either, because I have the same keyboard ;)

16. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    The Eclipse III is very nice looking, and I'd love to have it. I just can't see spending that much on a new keyboard when my Eclipse II is still working great. But...... maybe I'll get one anyway when/if the price drops a bit. :p

17. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    anyone have one yet??? i`m having to delay getting mine :(

18. RPTDOC

RPTDOC New Member

GPU:
    2-ATI 3870x2
    eclipse III

I got the eclipse III , I love it but there is one thing I can't seem to do is reprogram the side keys. I do alot of gaming on it and would like to change the side keys to game controls. So far in all the fourms I have now found the right macros to do this. If anybody has done this or knows how please let me know how.

19. RPTDOC

RPTDOC New Member

GPU:
    2-ATI 3870x2
    Sorry, I have not found the right macros.

20. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream

just ordered mine today, will be here next monday at the latest.....hopefull the maco`s will be a firmware thing... i read that the volume light used to stay on at full all the time, but due to firmware updates they fixed that, so i`m sure in time the keys could be sorted via firmware.....

i can`t wait....... just need my v2.0bt homehub and i`m gonna be fully blue lit!!!!