Saints Row Reboot

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Reclusive781, Aug 25, 2021.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Same here, game stutters like crazy and I've got a pretty beefy rig.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  3. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    **EDIT**

Nvm, someone already posted gmanlives video.

**EDIT2**

The woke crowd ruined another series. I have no hopes for the next Grand Theft Auto.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Saints Row games have always been, as people call it, "woke".

I can't wait to hear the backlash GTA6 will get if it also has a female lead character...

5. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    No they haven't. Also wut? Nobody has complained about a female lead character unless she was made to look like a half man thing for the sole purpose of pushing a political agenda.

The first 4 games didn't bash capitalism and complain about white privilage.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    None of that makes you woke, but ok. And by the way it's spelt privilege.

Grimbarian likes this.
  7. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Woke is a broad meaning, term or whatever. Sorry my spell checker is broken. It literally refuses to work.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  8. Lbuipo

Lbuipo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX merc319 7800xt
    For that difference, I prefere my two kidneys On(me)!
    Kidneys-when-RTX-on-meme-6292.jpg

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wonder how smooth it will run on console, I feel as if that is where the devs will have spent the time optimizing and any pc trying to run the game is basically.... well if it can play it it can play it.

BlindBison likes this.
  10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT

It runs pretty bad.
    All modes have trouble keeping a stable frame rate. The 1080p high performance mode is the best, or rather, the least bad.
    It also has bad frame pacing. And lots of bugs.

BlindBison and KissSh0t like this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The only thing I can think of....

[​IMG]

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Surely no-one is that surprised that the rebooted Saints Row is technically janky and buggy because Volition are simply incapable of releasing a polished game on any system in my experience having played all of these games from its Xbox 360 debut (with copious screen tearing, faked transparencies for windscreens and horrendous framerates) through to the recent Saints Row 3 Remastered on PS5 and PC, which is their most polished game to date but only because they didn't do the remastering, someone else did!

I was mildly interested in Saints Row rebooted until I found out it was an Epic exclusive and not a great one either. I think if I do buy this then it'll be when it eventually comes to Steam, hopefully after a few dozen patches to fix the games many, many issues.

By the way, what engine is this game running on? Is it the same one as previous games or a new one such as Unreal Engine 4/5? The pop in is atrocious in this game even on PC with maxed out settings and that puts me off buying it completely unless there is a way to tweak the draw distance like you can with many UE4 games.

13. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    It's quite the bummer that generally speaking PC is sort of an afterthought for seemingly most devs/studios at this point. You'll see these console efforts where it's like, "Wow, it's genuinely impressive what they got out of the system and with smooth frametimes to boot" then the game comes over to PC and often even on "beefy" rigs there are asset streaming or shader compilation stutters or bad frame pacing/frametimes (even with adaptive sync monitors). It's a real shame.

My "hope" is that technologies like DirectStorage once available (the full version, not what exists now which seems to lack many if not most of the benefits of the tech that have been eventually promised) will help. It really does seem like on PC users are just left to "brute force" their way through bad optimization a lot of times with very very expensive hardware and even that doesn't always work.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Runs fine to me but the TSSAAx8 causes ghosting badly

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

16. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Checked out some reviews and YT videos about the game. So far, I'm not impressed. Especially when the game is fcking epic exclusive.
    Will wait for sale AND it releases on steam.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Save yourself the time spent and money wasted and just watch the ending.

Passus likes this.
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I almost, *almost*, bought this game yesterday for PC from CDKeys.com when I saw the game was listed at £26.99 (it is £49.99 on the Epic Games Store) but, unfortunately... or fortunately, it was out of stock. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Oddly, CDKeys.com list the original price as £32.99 and not £49.99. Maybe they never had any stock to begin with?

Anyway, at £27, I would have taken the plunge as that seems to be a fair price for a fun but shallow and buggy game. I would certainly not pay £50 for this game though. Volition need to learn how to polish up their games prior to release in my opinion and it also wouldn't hurt if they ditched that ancient engine they use for the Saints Row games in favour of Unreal Engine 4 or 5, which offers better physics and draw distances etc.

Sylencer likes this.
  19. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
  20. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    lmao, they included Reddit & Discord moderators in the game credits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

insp1re2600 likes this.