Sadly I knew it.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Krogtheclown, Jun 24, 2015.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    really?? i didnt know that.. btw nFinity fx engine was taken form 3dfx and the ultra realistic gaming is based on that technology.. that was geforce 3 ti 600.. but it was not so fast, in fact geforce 2 ddr was better than that, i had both i know. geforce 4 was an awesome card.. at that time i was a blind fan of nvidia.. but geforce fx f**ed my ass real bad. ati was calling 9700 as the first visual processing unit.. after that the only card i bough from nvidia was a 9800gtx. caz amd was not good enough ( hd2000, 3000 and 4000 )..

if any one really needs a card he should go with a 980ti not fury x ( unless fury x becomes a lot cheaper).. i'm afraid, amd is already doing real bad in cpu business and might be wiped out from the face of the earth..

amd introduced mantle true but it was not for the gpu business.. they vowed that they are doing it all for us ?? no no they did not. technically amd fx cpus are really good ( not as good as intel 6 or 8 core offerings ). But if u can utilize those 8 integer and 4 float cores efficiently you can actually give it a fight with intel 4 core offerings like 4970k. it wont be able to defeat 4790k but scores can be near. mantle is all about that. they wanted to push the industry so that more cores can be utilized.. caz with single thread performance amd is nothing infront of intel.. now their investment justified or not??

2. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    some one ask amd_matt why the are not doing anything about the driver development?? what the Raptr team is doing ?? gaming evolved is a useless software makes most game underperform..

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't know about driver effort apart the Tiger Team specially deployed to save us (trying to be ironic).

About Raptr and his shutdown of RadeonPro, AMD has an easy excuse for this "smart" move:

Raptr is not a branch of AMD it's only a partner who has a software bundled with Catalyst drivers...

[​IMG]

4. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    read my post carefully i asked what amd's driver developer team doing?? then i asked what the rptr team is doing ?? i really used to like radeon pro.. btw i know rptr is not a part of amd.. :p :)

5. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    In my point of view AMD fanboy expected a lot from AMD fury X and i do not know why.Nvidia fanboy never hype insanely like AMD fanboy for example god like Fury X, or Fury X will beat Titan X by 20% or 40% but when the reality and facts are shown to them than they make these kind of thread.

In short Normal People know what AMD was offering that why they bought GTX 980 Ti , however , AMD only made their fanboys fools which they are best in it and when the benchmarks are launched than AMD fanboys cried over it.

So when u will learn AMD fanboys that do not Hype insanely specially AMD products.

Rather than making an excuse about driver so just move on accept the fact that AMD is second grade company.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    People expected a lot from the Fury X suddenly makes them fanboys? I don't get your logic. I expected a lot from it too but was disapointed. It doesn't make me a fanboy but somewhat optimistic. I had high expectations for the 980Ti too.

7. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Are u new to Internet and Guru 3D?

8. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    it is a fact that majority never expected from AMD and people expected from AMD were (22.5 DGPU user).That is why their market share are low, DGPU user are low and not to many high profile inverters.

9. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I expected more from the Fury X but I believe it will improve when AMD sort there drivers maybe there more focused on windows 10 for me it is not an option of purchasing Fury X as there is no space for the water cooler.
    I waited for the review of Fury X before purchasing the 980ti if the fury had been better I may have removed my 100i and gone back to a good air cooler.

the Fury X story is only just beginning it will only get better it may even become the fastest single GPU time will tell. What ever happens it will always be a good GPU.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Another strange sense of logic here.

That didn't make any sense.

11. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Same was said for the bulldozer and people said wait for windows 8 but nothing happened and it got worse .Nothing is going to happening and driver cannot provide miracles and if it did than Nvidia GTX 980 Ti would have been miles ahead .

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Expecting a lot from the Fury X compared to defending current benchmarks and functionality are completely different.
    You have things confused.

13. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Anything negative related to AMD wont make sense to AMD fanboys so sorry for explaining facts to u.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not being able to understand you has nothing to do with it. I expected more from the Fury X, what are you going on about?

15. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    It is not confusing.AMD fanboy are having a hard time by the facing reality that is all.

16. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Nothing i am just saying that their were so many user claiming and predicting that Fury X will be around 20% to 40% faster than Titan X which was not the case.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    20-40% is beyond optimistic. I expected the Fury X to be equal to the 980Ti, which it is somewhat with 4k, nowhere near with lower resolutions.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Man, what's your fight in particular?
    Titan X/980Ti/Fury X are quite capable to do 4k @60fps (there are no faster screens) in most games with max/close to max settings. Heavier the load better Fury X does.
    It may be loosing fps on lower resolutions in comparison to those nVidia mentioned cards, but that fps is so high anyway that it is pointless to cry over few percent down. (and yes, I love high fps since I have 120Hz screen)

You may think that in future games will be heavy even on 1080/1440p and that those nVidia cards have advantage at those resolutions. That performance does not come from resolution itself, it comes from frame preparation and that nVidia does faster allowing to have more fps under low loads.
    Remember? Heavier the load better Fury X does. And as 1080p load becomes as heavy as today's 2160p load, I think I'll be still happy to own Fury X instead of 980Ti.

But today, I see no game where I would have bad performance because of Fury X (looking at Witcher 1 which performs practically same on 1080p and 2160p - roughly 60~120fps, GPU underutilized).

Therefore my conclusion:
    In real world usage for gaming Titan X/980Ti/Fury X are equal. In compute Fury X has higher performance in most of applications but you can ignore that if you only play games.

And this is conclusion at time I do not have Fury X specific driver installed. AMD, where the heck is Fury X driver for Windows 10?

BTW. what screen are you using? I managed to squeeze mine to information next to graphics card.

19. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    No bro i am not talking about you.I am talking about blind Fanboys.So did you ever seen Nvidia fanboys making this kind of hype no right that is the reason because Nvidia PR is professional while AMD PR is handled by bunch of BS.

20. Doom112

Doom112 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 TF V
    Totally Wrong.

There is no excuse from AMD when they are charging $650 for Fury X while GTX 980 Ti has same price.

GTX 980 Ti performance on 1080p and 1440p is ahead of Fury X and GTX 980 Ti have 2GB Vram advantage too.

I said again neutral PC user will never buy Fury X over GTX 980 Ti.

Fury X price should be $550 that is all.