Sad day-Plane crash in my city,158 dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dockap, May 22, 2010.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Missed point ? Why are you even replying directly to me ? I didn't quote you and what I posted wasn't in response to what you said. I was just postin' my thoughts on the subject.

Not everything is an argument, man. All I posted was an opinion and wasn't directed at anyone specific.

2. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I feel for the families and especially feel sorry for all the infants and children...

Statistically speaking you're more likely to die if you are actually in a plane crash - but also statistically speaking you are more likely to die from just about anything else. Flying IS the safest way to travel, if you don't "feel" that way or you don't believe it you have that right - but that doesn't make you correct and seems pretty foolish to believe flying is more dangerous.

3. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150

This, also;

RIP.

4. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Rip, to all those who have died since the world began.
    On another note, i heard those planes in that county are old and need repairing alot.

5. |WOY|Shotty1993

|WOY|Shotty1993 Banned

GPU:
    POV GTX 470
    go get a grip....

6. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Its a boeing 737 which isnt old at all they are perfectly good aircraft but RIP to the people involved

also this is kinda :3eyes: tho

7. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    That's why news are bad for people. It creates fear in people's life. News show bad things so the people watching them get paranoid. It is a bad mentality.

I read news on the net from time to time but although it is sad, these things rarely happen. It is made to strike fear into people and they go crazy about that. People rarely think positively these days and they can only see the negative side of things.

I'm going to travel this summer, my parents tried to scare me, they realize it didn't work. They were like, have you been watching the news? Look what happened to XYZ!". If they wanna think like that and live their life in fear, fine. But remember, you can die just from going out of your house and get shot in the head. Who knows?

I think positively about the good experience I will have, not the bad one. If anything happens, I will just come back stronger. I'm not scared. Most places are just as safe as your area where you live.

News have no effect on me, I don't feel like living my life in fear and cause unnecessary stress.

8. MasterBash

MasterBash Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I don't even know why people think like that at all. Think about positive things instead, like... hey it's gonna be an awesome experience. You shouldn't even be thinking about the bad things that will happen to you, unnecessary stress.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  9. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Go jump off of a cliff, I heard you're more likely to die in your home then jumping off a cliff.

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    RiP the passengers, that's the bad thing about airplanes, you can have up to 300+ victims in one go.

it's good to know that at least there are some survivors this time.

i suffer from a severe flying phobia, mind i've boarded planes many many times since i was a kid, but still i'm scared to death and i always must pop an extra valium dose otherwise i go into panic attack mode, one time i ran out of the plane and simply went back home, simply put i never boarded a plane since nor planning to in the future unless its a matter of life or death.

it's not fear of death at all cause i'm not scared of dying, i'm scared of heights and also claustrophobic so this must have something to do with my fear of flying, even though i know it's supposed to be the safest transportation method in the world.

i just hate those fecking things, just thinking about them gives me tachycardia. :eek:

11. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    I travel quite alot by plane, from 2h to 8h trips depending on when I'm heading and I must say everytime I do it, its thrilling and exciting!

This year, on easter vacations I took 2 friends to London since they had never been there and one of them is extremely retarded and kept saying we would die or whatever, I just felt like punching him in the face eventhough he was "joking".

My father was a parachute trooper back in his youngster times and he is scared to death of traveling by plane. He gets extremely nervous to the point he has stomach issues! He has to do it every year , atleast twice (8h+ trips) due to work but still!

All in all, traveling by plane is for sure the safest way to travel considering the Ammount of Passangers it carries / travel times vs Ammount of accidents that happen but the downside of it, as someone already mentioned is, if a severe accident happen, theres gonna be a huge ammount of victims.

The thing that bothers me about this is, some of the accidents happen during Take off / Landings and are related to either flawed airport runways or something of the like, yet close to nothing is done regarding it.

Oh well..

12. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    I love flying in plane!
    Really no joke, since a kid i have always loved flying/traveling!!

13. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Can we keep the bickering out of this thread? I feel like it's extraordinarily disrespectful to the victims of this crash and their families/friends.

It's a sad tragedy - second mass-casualty airplane crash recently, the other was in Africa, I believe. I've flown on planes many, many times, but I always have a fear in my mind of something like this happening.

- PR-0927

14. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    I love flying!
    Seriously, can't get enough of it. There is nothing neater then the window seat behind the wings during takeoffs & landings. I LOVE watching the flaps extend, slats open, all the mechanical parts moving around. Seeing the eng clambshells going in reverse is cool as heck too on landing. I have flown in many types of small & large aircraft & always felt perfectly safe, even flew in a ultra lite once. Talk about a rush!
    Accidents on aircraft are far & few but when one does happen of course its usually terminal for everyone & tragic. They are built light for flight, not for crashing & surviving.
    And they aren't a luxery if your considering a trip that's thousands of miles over the ocean away. Ships are painfully slow..........................Anyone who dosen't fly dosen't travel far quickly much either, except over land in a hi speed train, only other choice there. Flight is here to stay so enjoy the ride!

15. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Hmm I have no choice to get on planes now Had to go on Planes 2 times already for Army last time I actually went on a plane was 1998-1999

16. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sad how this thread to mourn all the dead of this disaster is mostly just a stupid argument about statistics :/

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    It's the chances of surviving an incident like this they were talking about.

You are less likely to survive a plane crash than a car crash. Planes going down is sadly growing in number.

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    may they rest in peace :(

just when I have a 4 hour flight tomorrow this news comes ...

19. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 super
    People Died and they fight. Guru3d have gone rot. trolling and War every where.

20. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    umm wat?