Sacred 2 Patch 2.40 now available.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiteraven, Apr 2, 2009.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Steam is going to be problematic, unsure if they have the expansion available and sorry to say this but without it (Or rather the patch for it.) you can't do anything as there was no fix for the normal game released.
    (Impossible as Ascaron was laid off and closed shortly after 2.43 and Ice & Blood development completed and the few core people in Ascaron Studio 2 were let go after the quick 2.65.1 update was released, Stalker 3 will be handled by another studio altogether, perhaps have a few ex-Ascaron employees though.)

(Game was a bit over ambitious, 20 or so hours for the main campaign and another hundred or so to explore and do all the available quests plus again and again for five difficulty levels, tons of equipment, monsters and character "classes" to balance and the game engine in itself so it kinda ended up like Gothic 3 or Hellgate to use two similar examples, much was fixed in patches but more work would have been required and also for the console versions.)

EDIT: At base 2.43 if you move the game folder and then delete the game via Steam change and afterwards change the registry string in /Ascaron/ from en_US to en_UK you should be able to install the expansion if you can acquire it from say Gamersgate or D2D UK or wherever it could be available. (I'll have to check a few things.) it should be installable over the folder and thus you "convert" the base game over to the expansion, install the patch and it should be playable, bit of a messy workaround though but unfortunately there was no patch for the base game, I'll have to check a few other things as well it might be possible to use a 2.40 nodvd fix over Steam and play it that way (Without the 2.43 engine specific changes and multiplayer functionality however.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thank u very much for the GREAT help u do for me Jonas.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I hope it solves the issue, it's quite a problem due to some memory optimization or so that causes the game to pretty much fail when using Windows 7 (Some oversight with 2.43.) and especially a x64 variant of it (Wher it will not really work well at all). (Some memory controller error, it "stalls" or how to say it and eventually crashes as it doesn't read the "address" properly.)

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hey i solved my problem with the help of this post
    everything is max.. 2x AA and PHYSX..game runs just fine :)..and using XP SP3 compatibility mode.

5. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    After I formatted to retail Win 7 64, I couldn't be arsed to reinstall Sacred 2 because the patching process itself as a epic ball ache. Have they actually fixed this game? I remembered that it crashed if you stayed too long in the char creation screen...????

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it has issues in Windows 7 x64..i was crashing too....but with the STEPS above, i can now play the game ..i have steam version..ohh and when u run from desktop shortcut, make sure run it in compatibility mode.

7. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Has anyone been able to get this game working, I never thought to ask on here, but I have the retail version and although it was a buggy game I never used to have any problems installing it, but for some reason it no longer patches when I try to install it, i'm trying to install patch 2.43 cumulative, a post above suggested that only patching to 2.40 will work, but others have reported that no patches will work on Sacred 2 anymore ( on the official game forums ) i'm assuming that some windows update has broken the game and that the developers have been too lazy to fix it, I would love to get this game working again and max it out on my next rig.

Has anyone recently re-installed the retail version, or better yet, on on 64 bit OS, more specifically vista???, I have the game installed but it won't let me patch it at all.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    haha mate, dont u read above....i CAN RUN GAMe..i was not able to run it before in my W7 X64...but now can run..

and game's problem is not 64bit OS..i was playing it good in VISTA 64.. Game has issues on Windows 7 x64 ..dont know x86..anyway..read above topics for the solution i found ...it works on me.

9. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    My problem isn't crashing, my problem is that the game is un-patchable.

10. ibitato

ibitato Guest

there is(was) a good info /guide in sacred forums ab. how to solve problems patching the game.
    Many ppl with the problem of not beign able to patch the game ....

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    ohh sorry man..

12. ibitato

ibitato Guest

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Thanks for the link, I saw that message your talking about from the sacred forums, others said that it didn't work, i'll suss out the link you posted, I appreciate it.

Hmm doesn't look like the same problem, when I try to patch it says "sacred 2 could not be located on your system please re-install and try again...I reinstalled like 6 times in a row, still didn't work, i'll have to download the 800mb patch ( 2.40 ) which is an older version than the patch I have, and see if it will install

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    while Diablo 3 wind is blowing around, i want to take attention of people to this game.

A huge world to explore, detailed character customization and skills. NVIDIA PHYSX and nice visuals. COOP exist. and some how moddable i guess.

will restart a new character tonight on PS3. Shadow Warrior or That High Elf Girl. Didnt decide yet.

15. Austyn

Austyn Guest

starting a new character when Dragons Dogma just around the corner?

16. ibitato

ibitato Guest

qft :d

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    What's dragons dogma? I take it the game still doesn't work well with w7?

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I thoughtnit is out in july sometthing :)

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Sacret 2 GOLD is out in Steam. it includes Sacred 2 and the addon ice and blood.

i already have sacred 2 but bought the gold edition as it includes addon. and also it is cheaper to people who already own the sacred 2.