S.T.A.L.K.E.R (released)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jeremy, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiika

fiika Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX570 810/1620/1980
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC

2. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    WooHoo!! i got my copy today ^__^ (was in russa again :) ) games awsome!! got throuw 1st dun :p but i noticed a lil MAJOR bugs :( 1st of all psyhic items (like table) are half invisible half.. i dont know what :D and i cant see my AK-47 T_T it would be ok if there werent that cool aim system :p
    help me out ppl... PLZ is it bugged CD or is it my Video card problem? (now DLing some Stalker from internet if they will be ok.. :p )

3. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    Can people PLEASE stop quoting screenshots, new habit and very annoying. We can see the screenshots as originally posted. PLEASE stick to text in quotes?

4. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    so everybody with the same prob, here is the solution from another stalker thread here @ guru3d:

ahhhh, THX THX THX THX man, your hint was just great. quick save and save under main menu works and the gameĀ“s not CTD anymore (rightnow).

sure it looks just BIG**S*IT without dyn. lightning but thats no prob i can play a little bit until the first patch. and, almost forgot, for my it works with 1280x1024, then first the main menu and the letters change to that res., but when i change to 16x12 again, the menu looks like 1024 or even 800x600. so i will keep 1280x1024 for now.

so everybody who reads this, with vista64, nvidia 8800gtx and 101.41 drivers, this is the solution for now to stop CTDs and enjoy stalker a little bit with a working qsave and save, like ChaosPhoenix and me now after his great tip.

big thx and good luck for everybody else with a similar system

5. lorenzo.x119

lorenzo.x119 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Resolution 1280 Dynamic Illumination Medium-High details
    With r2_aa ON and r2_allow_r1_lights OFF

[​IMG]

With r2_aa ON and r2_allow_r1_lights ON

[​IMG]

Si this acceptable for my config?? I think no.

6. bell1684

bell1684 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 260 SSC

ttt

im wondering the same thing

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Anyone know the console commands for changing the weather?

As much as I love lightning, it destroys my framerate.

8. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme

try running your mouse software in the background and assign your mouse buttons to activate the corresponding default key you want for each action.

eg , for side mouse button to select main weapon , set it to 3 in your mouse software...worth a shot , worked for me :D

9. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
  10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2007

11. L33t Masta

L33t Masta Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia 8800GTX 768MB
    Man, I switched back to XP because of STALKER. Now I dual bot into XP when I want to ply games nd just use vista if i'm surfing or watching movies off my hDD. if it'sa DVD I'm going into XP for the 8800GTX DVD decoding rather than kill my cpu.

12. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  13. GSXRmrbusa

GSXRmrbusa Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts 320 x 2 SLI@stock
    I haven't taken any yet but I think screenies are saved in all users/ shared docs/ stalker-shoc folder.

14. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    nah i'm not gonna cheat or anything like that, i can still use my weapon pretty good so when jamming comes unbearable then i'm gonna change to something else.

15. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ya know the get the military documents , is that a job or story mission same with the mole mission story or job??

16. Phase05

Phase05 Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor/HD4890/2gb
    You would be surprised, i actually get the same performance hit save a few fps higher and have since disabled R2 allow R1 lights, considering the advanced lighting effects in the game i am not surprised it eats frame rates alive.

The best i can suggest is to leave it off.

*And to pantsmachine*

i would have to agree there, i quoted the pictures on page 28 by accident without thinking, and would also further suggest people should please stick to click'able thumbnails in threads as to not take up so much space and reduce load times per page.

17. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    the military docs is a mission i think as it leads to the story continuing - well at least it has for me.

18. DoomOlek

DoomOlek Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    i got the docs and am at the bar, but the barkeeper stands to far away and i cant talk to him, the other guy at the door on left kepp talking i have to talk to barkeeper first. what to do? is this a bug i cant talk to him???

so i hang right now

EDIT: ok got it, it is/was a bug. after restart of the game and reload my save, the guy stands in front of the desk so i could talk to him. bugs bugs bugs, everywhere bugs.......:behead:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  19. fallenx

fallenx Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT
    In case anyone is wondering, it is possible to be friendly with both Freedom and Duty.

20. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    How? I seem to be friendly with duty atm. I cleared at an entire complex of freedom, but they kept sending reinforcements, litreally a road covered with hundreds of bodies.

Damien, it isn't necesary to do EVERY mission. And I believe I picked up that tail on the first dog I searched. No doubt the dog on the road was one you killed earlier.

Scatman, get used to it, there's freakier stuff in this game, believe me. The underground complexes and labs are simply masterful in this game.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.