S.T.A.L.K.E.R (released) Part 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Marley, Aug 24, 2007.

1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Been playing a little more of LURK and so far so god, and it does look great:

[​IMG]

Must find a carry mod, 35KG is not enough.

2. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    new patch for LURK is out that seems to fix many of the mods problems:

Main Features:

-Economy is completely fixed and overhauled for balance
    -Purchasing weapons and armor is now much more expensive
    -Artifact selling and purchasing has been fixed
    -Monster Part and Artifact values have been toned down
    -Appropriate weapon attachments are now fully purchasable
    -All ammunitions are available through ******* now
    -Much larger selection of weapons, randomized to reduce clutter
    -Proper scalable selection from game progression
    -L.U.R.K. is no longer easy due to prerelease bugs

Fixes:

******* gun dropping issue has been resolved (requires restart for those who have already encountered the issue, otherwise you're fine)
    -Headbobbing toned down significantly
    -Weight Limit is now enforced and functional
    -All attatchments have been fixed and can be mounted again
    -Master difficulty is much harder then previously
    -Novice Mode no longer is enabled with godmode
    -All crashes reported have been fixed
    -Certain weapon descriptions have been filled
    -Sleeping Bag Icon is now visible, albeit ****ty
    -Snorks saying "Get out of here Stalker" has been removed

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wzzunjzv0wm

3. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Member

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTX 275
    Just installed it and I'm impressed so far. Nice dialogue changes and it looks a lot better now. Will have to play through it again now...oh what a shame ;)

4. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    It was indeed the bar area. TBH i don't game anywhere near as much as i used to so when i do i look for a trouble free ride! I will try lurk 6 months from now, good mod. Just too early in its dev for me to be bothered.

5. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    i was having some problems with the mod, weak flash light, too low carry weight/items too heavy, side quest problems...most have been fixed already. i think there have already been 4 patches. it seems that the devs are on top of things and i bet that the bugs will be ironed out pretty quickly.

i here ya about a bug free ride. i also have little time to game, its a pain in the ass when more time is spent patching and fixing then actually playing.

6. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    I modded STALKER Complete 2009 to carry more weight.
    It might be doable with LURK.
    You need to change 3 things and check a fourth.
    All that is changed is the weight amount.
    Everything else is the same.
    If interested, let me know.

7. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    the latest patch (1.4) for LURK has three options for weight. i found the 35 kg way too hard to manage, especially since many objects, namely ammo and medkits, are heavier. to up your carrying capacity yourself increase the number on the line "max_weight" in the system.ltx file, found in gamedata/config, to whatever you want it to be. this is the weight where the distance you have to sprint starts to decrease. to up the weight where you cant move anymore, edit the "max_walk_weight" line in the actor.ltx found in gamedata/config/creatures.

upping the max weight without also upping the max walk weight wont do anything since the ceiling in LURK is set at 40 (i put max weight to 50 and couldnt move since i didnt also increase the max walk weight). i have mine set at 50 and 60 respectively and i find it to be a good balance.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Can we repair weapons in Stalker Complete 2009? If so, i'm gonna get this.

9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Thanks for the tips on increasing weight. 35KG was just to low.

10. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    I've not found this.
    Presently exploring Army Warehouse area.
    I inadvertently sided with Freedom so I'm dealing with Skinflint (Screw?) for repairs at Freedom base.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009/news/stalker-complete-2009-release

11. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Found a kit on a dead Monolith.
    Single use only.
    Think I'll save it for when I really need it.

[​IMG]

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Good to know. Already DLed the mod, will install today. :D

13. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    This mod has reawakened stalker for me. Standing watching the sun go down last night in a game, how sad is that! Balance was achieved immediately after by clearing X18 lab upper of Bandits. :)

14. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Just got the game off d2d, installed lurk patched to latest RC, and it's great - i've got all the visual enhancements on except the sun shafts, which I wasn't wild about and came with a pretty huge performance hit considering what they were. Haven't played much at all, but so far it's bug/crash free, ill post back if i have problems

15. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Damn everyone is playing with Stalker Complete....

Am I the only one using Oblivion Lost...?

16. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    whats better Stalker Complete or L.U.R.K?

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I´m playing LURK.

18. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    after playing all 3, complete, OL and LURK, i have to say that there is no clear "best". OL is great f you want an "arcade" style experience. the first few missions are tough but once you get rollin with better weapons, armor and artifacts (including transmutation recipes that give you uber artifacts) it gets really easy and you can stroll through the zone not fearing anything. i only had complete installed for a week or so and it was nice. it gave me head trauma with CTD's because of the repair kit... visuals were nice and the mod seemed relatively balanced etc... as fro LURK go for this for visuals and atmosphere. lots of the side missions are completely borked which is super annoying, but they doubled the draw distance for lighting/shadows/grass. the new AI elements make it so that sneaking up on your enemies is actually a good idea (although this does "dumb down" the AI so that some times you can walk by them and they wont even flinch).

of the three LURK was the most stable for me, OL super fun, and complete ok once i got it goin.

19. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yeah so i've already had a few ai issues, a guy I had to save and then talk to for a mission went into combat mode after I saved him, meaning when I tried to talk to him he'd just babble in russian, because there was some dog that came up and ran off, and he just kept shooting out into the night for a while and then went and crouched in a corner lol. It ended up being fixed after I went back to base and did another job, so not gamebreaking.

I'm really loving this game though, haven't even played vanilla before except for a bit just to see what it was like before I installed LURK, and it's awesome. Almost jumped out of my chair the first time one of those mutants that turns invisible attacked me, it's been a while since a game has done that, and even more than that the whole game is just so tense and immersive

20. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    the vanilla game was good, but all of these mods bring so much to the table that its a totally different experience. sometimes needed NPC's die which is regrettable (had guide die on me before i even left cordon) but there are ways around such events.

as for the bloodsuckers, they are ridiculously overpowered. i hit one with a grenade from my mounted launcher and then emptied 2 clips before he died, almost takin me with him. its still a blast though since the mutants in vanilla SoC seemed pretty weak.

if you want even better graphics for lurk, go to gamesdata/shaders/r2 and open the skyace graphics options file. remove the "//" from the float 32, sun shafts and motion blur lines to enable some more advanced stuff. i got sun shafts to work and the game looks better than CS. ill pst sime pix.

ps, wEEn rules