S.T.A.L.K.E.R (released) Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WildStyle, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    Setting it to static lighting also turns off all bump mapping.

2. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    my experiences dont lie mate

3. Smellbow

Smellbow Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    As i posted in the older thread my game was crashing constantly especially on saves using the system listed <--

I had to follow andy77's fix by using editbin.exe to make the games executable large address aware... May sound odd but it fixed ALL my issues with stalker at 1280x1024 full dynamic lighting and all sliders maxed.

4. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    guy's i don't know if this was asked before(if it was then i'm sry) but it seems that AA doesn't work for me in STALKER...i tought it was set to 2x but atualy is not...i tried max up AA and stil doesn't work...any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007

5. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    oo it takes up more then 1gb of ram...i've instaled it with 1gb of ram and it runed like ****...i could only look at pictures the first 10-15 minutes...after 10-15 it run..but still when i start walking again......slide show...

and another thing..i saw in the demo...it run very bad, slide show, and when i hit ctr+alt+del the memory usage was 1400 mb...so it's very ram hungry

6. painter

painter Maha Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 670 2GB
    Anyone else having trouble after installing the patch?...I had a fresh install of the game...can't play till my B-day...just tested to make sure it worked ok, which it did. I then added the patch, but when I try to start a new game, it will reboot my PC as it loads...it does it during 'prefetching'

Reinstalling without patching and all is fine again...I have tried several drivers, but nothing. Anyone have this issue?

Looks like I may have to play unpatched!...

7. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yes i looks like....i just don't now why AA doesn't work...i think it could be this patch...i see it has problems

8. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    the game engine is little special on stalker so aa doesn't work like it should.

9. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    very eloquently put...........i was just gonna rant and shout SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE POSTING ;) ;) ;) ;) j/k

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    One thing I have noticed is that this game seems to be very optimized for the 7600 GTs, perhaps that was the main dev platform. Most people with 7600 GTs posting are really not complaining about bad FPS with dynamic lighting.

Now AA only works on certain items, but not on others. Something to do with how they programmed the shaders.

11. Paladin06

Paladin06 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7800GS OC
    What a horrible game.. I sold mine as fast as I could.

12. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Rofl btw does anyone know a way to get to the sarcophagus? I still cant find it.

13. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    ok...in a word...a **** engine...i was thinking how the hell can they release a **** optimized game after they worked on it for 4 years...very professional..

hope they will release a patch to fix this stupid issues and improve a little the performance...

cheers

14. MrFox

MrFox Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    I don't think that is the case I run it with dynamic lights on and in certain spots it lags like hell.

15. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    And we care.... why?

I think this game is awesome.

16. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Heres a current up to date review comparing seven cards that will give you more info on the performance of your 8800gts 320mb vs 1900/50 xtx 512mb. Hate to spoil it for you but sometimes the 1900/50 512 mb wins. You are right that low res the 8800 wins though.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/7games-spring2007.html

17. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    lol I used to think the game was **** too till I played it a lil more in depth now I think its pretty good aside from the performance. And to the above poster I dont know if those make sense. The results they got are very odd...

18. ForceX

ForceX Member

GPU:
    7900GT SLI 580/1660
    what is your program name that show Mem GPU CPU ? plz tell me i need it
    thanx

19. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    I agree that this game is a memory hog....the more Vram and system memory , and the faster Vram and system memory the better.

I believe this game would use all the ram you give it.....lol

You start maxing all those sliders for view distance,and it will do that with out you seeing anything draw out.

Then you max out the sliders for very high detail textures, at high resolutions.

Then you say ....I need more AA ect.

Then dynamic Lighting...of course I want that.....you see where this is going

The next thing you know you have a game running at VERY HIGH detail....detail that likes Dual and Quad core cpu's and 2 video cards.

Turn them sliders down and that resolution down until it works for you at the frames you want.

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    @ForceX
    i wanna know this too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.