S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky-Expectacions

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by bruno_amaro05, Mar 1, 2009.

1. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    Hello, first of all i want to say sory for my bad english.
    What can i expect in terms of performance from Clear Sky from my rig, i read in many foruns and seen in benchmarks that stalker is very demanding to the pc, can i expect to play max with my rig, my screen only supports 1280x1024 and i have the following rig:
    GA-P35-DS3R
    c2d 6750@3.33
    3.5GB ddr2(xp32bit)
    4870 1GB PCS
    I dont want to buy the game if i can not run it fairly well, near max settings, thats why i am making thist thread, the ones that have the game can tell me if i can or not.

2. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I havent played that game(didnt get a chance to) but with ur spec u should be able to play it with max settings.

3. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Since you're limited to 1280*1024 and XP, you'll be able to run it maxed at that resolution without AA and perhaps with God Rays only @ 'Low' (which looks just as good as 'High', mind you). Add to that a couple of texture packs and such, and you'll be pushing around 35-40 FPS constant. So don't worry; you'll be fine.

EDIT: Hold on, I'm running it at 1600*1200, so since you'd be running it at a lower res, you'd probably be able to max it out completely (inc. sun rays).

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I bought that game when it was released but have not played much... Damn it was buggy even after few patches.

I don't expect it to be completely bug free but is it now playable? Can you enjoy playing that game ?

5. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yeah, it's rather enjoyable with a whack of fan-made fixes and mods... I'll PM you my entire collection, subtracting Neil_MC's texture pack which is huge (I can't post a link here because I've modded some of the mods, and the original authors haven't been credited in any of them since they are for personal use).

BTW, you can find Patch 1.5.08 (most recent) here.

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

Could you PM me too with your mods please?
    Many thanks

7. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yeah, sure.

8. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    You gonna play it fine, CS doesnt have multi core optimization, so itll use one core only. Your 4870 1 Gb should be fine too.

9. bruno_amaro05

bruno_amaro05 Member

GPU:
    R9-290X WindForce@1150
    thx for all the replyes

10. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    My friend on a P4 3.4Ghz 478 socket, ati x800xt 256mb, 2GB of ddr 400 enjoyed the game at medium to high settings @ 1024x768 in XP SP2 has played the game to death more then myself from beginning to end for the past 3 months.
    I recently sold him the rig in my profile with only 1 of the gtx+ cards and a 19" 4:3 lcd he's now playing the game @ 1280x1024 settings all on maximum apart from the god rays and view distance.. even AA is set max in the game (even though the AA in game is fairly weak)..
    He's still playing the game faster then on the old system and at playable frame rates in just about all situations at a res a step higher and graphic detail higher.
    Don't get me wrong there's still the odd frame dip at times but it's still very playable overall whilst running in xp.

11. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    You'll be able to play at the highest settings available to you. However you'll be missing a good chunk of eye candy because DX10 (10.1) isn't available to you on XP.

12. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    But it also kills lots of machines with dx10 on max, though you should be able to run that game @1280x1024 with that rig of yours, so get going and buy the game:D

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Shud run maxed out, np, if u set god rays at low, which barely has any visual impact you'll be even pushing 60 fps if your system is tweaked right.

Don't be surprised if the first level (Clear Sky base) appears slightly laggy, it's probably the most demanding level but there's no need for high fps there as this base is just ment for trading/etc and you won't be shooting people there.

14. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Ah yes, DX10 adds some nice eye candy.

15. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Max @1280x1024 will run fine almost maxed god rays and ssao on low looks about the same as high, but run MUCH faster.

Mind that AA in Clear Sky destroys your performance (I forced it in Windows XP trough nHancer...ouch, didn't matter at what resolution I played, it ran like poo (but then again, the DX10 AA may be different. XP user. Setting the ingame AA in windows XP doesn't work)

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I run it maxed at that res on a 4850 in Dx10.1 with no AA on Win 7, i only have the Sun Rays, the Sun Quality, and the SSAO all on low. :)

17. BattleStar

BattleStar Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512
    I installed Clear Sky today with patch 1507 and got the following framerates:

25 fps @ 1280x1024, DX10.1, maxed graphics settings
    40-50 fps @ 1024x768, DX10.1, maxed graphics settings

I get around 50% - 80% more fps in low intense areas.

This is the best looking game i have ever played and with cat 9.2 it runs rather smooth even at 25 fps. Could be worth running this game in crossfire.

I gonna try some lower settings like Full Dynamic Lighting and see how much the fps increases.

18. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    If you're running DX10, get Float32 and set SSAO to 'Medium'. The quality will be superior to the vanilla 'High' setting and so will performance. Also, setting God Rays to 'Low' will net you quite a bit of FPS, with no discernible image quality cost. Your 4870 is surely capable of more than 25 FPS in this game...

19. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Yeah, sunrays high VS low almost doubled the FPS for me when using 24/7 sunrays. It looked the same, in as much that I couldn't see the difference at all.

SSAO doesn't really have a big impact as well. You have to look real close to actually see the difference. It is there, but very subtle.

20. BattleStar

BattleStar Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512
    Sun rays low gave about 10 more fps and talking to Lebedev and Nimble gave 10 more fps (probably a lot going on in the beginning) so i am at 45-50fps in Clear Sky and about 70fps in the terrain @1280x1024, Enhanced Full Dynamic Lighting (DX10).