S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CallOfPripyat "MODS!" - CyberVISION MOD v1.0

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CyberCore, Feb 18, 2010.

1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    First of all, it´s always good to have people creating mods and contributing for free for us to be able too play the same game from a variety of ways.
    So thanks for the work;)

The mod itself looks very nice, but it cannot be compared to CS complete, and although some improvements are made regarding the Vanilla version i think it could be better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    thanks for uploading at filefront, thats where i get most of my mods (especially STALKER mods) from. i tried dl'ing again from rapid share and i still got an error in 7zip.

can't wait to try it out. the screens look awesome.

BTW, what are your min frames like with your setup cyber, we have very similar systems.

3. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Now thats better, screenshots!

Looking great, however, show some more diverse shots, what's it like at night/stormy.

Rigth now I'm using F1reflys weather tweaks with hte amazing god rays, and lightning flashes just look so dam amazing indoors looking outside. Don't wanna wreck it.

Btw, has anyone got GI to work nicely? All it seems to be doing in CoP is make the lighting spheres intersect through walls at various angles. Worked really nice when tweaked in SoC.

4. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    You know for some one with 2, count them, 2 posts you sure are demanding.
    Are you always this rude?
    Does it come naturally or do you have to work at it?

5. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
  6. For Victory

For Victory Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970
    I'm interested in trying this, but the version I got from rapidshare is 127mb unpacked. I can wait for it to be fixed, though. :)

Thanks.

7. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    That's strange - but rapidshare files are now deleted - no problem they're coming soon @ stalker.filefront.com.

I've used 7z for this files.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

8. yoyo1

yoyo1 Member

the sun shafts in some of those pics are WAY to pronounced and just look silly.

9. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Dude - what follows after a lightning - a THUNDER - right!

That are pics at the day from an up approaching thunderstorm. After only a few seconds the sky was dark!

If you saw this effect with your own eyes - you wouldn't say something like that you did.

If you don't like it don't get it - that's really easy - isn't it? Or you don't enable the atmosfear mod wich is included in my mod. Then you only have the textures of my mod.

Meanings are different - and I don't forbade adjusting my mod.

That's all what I've to say about your post.

10. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Your mod is a little too bright:

[​IMG]

My Gamedata folder, with Atmosfear+NeilMC+CS Complete Textures:

[​IMG]

I personally would prefer it a bit more dark, but still looks ok.

11. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    I tried now to adjust the sharpness of some textures and it looks fantastic! But Direct Draw I could only edit with miy Nero Photoviewer - that's BAD - I tried to open the files with my Photoshop CS2, but the program don't know the fileending - is somebody knowing wich GOOD program I could use to edit the texture pictures better or if it's possible the best?

I want somebody to help me doing this - there're more than 400 textures to edit! By the way... CyberVISION MOD v1.1 is coming soon, I'm working on it - and your wish to make my mod darker is noted ;-).

I'll edit all of that textures - I think the haviest problem are the jpg-fragments, if I could reduce or delete them - for example - the sky will look more realistic and much more detailed - caused by increased sharpness and deleted jpg-fragments.

I've downloaded the S.H.A.R.P.E.R. MOD for CS and compared the differences between the same textures and if I open the MODDED textures of this mod I see a wrong viewing of this file I think - looks like they're only doubled and not edited only multiplied and saved.
    I'll try to edit this mod - by opening this texture files and increasing the sharpnes REALLY - ingame the surfaces are more detailed, but I think i can increase this quality to the maximum. DAMNED - I got so many idears, but not the best tools to do this work!
    At the moment I can say that "I'm infected by a poison, wich is called MODDING!" - At the moment I like it the most to edit this game, then only play it!
    After everything I did and went into the game I thought "WOW- what's going on, the results are unmatchable!" - I'll work as long as I've, to create a mod wich is absolutely perfect!

If someone is interested on helping me please say something, thx.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  12. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Ehm, there's an option in the file user.ltx, where you could adjust bloom factor and gloss factor, brightness and contrast, too.
    That's a way to make your wishes become reality before my realese of the modupdate, okay?

>>>> EDITED <<<<

I'm waiting, for the release of my mod @ stalker.filefront.com ... how long do they need to check my files - that's disgusting!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  13. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I agree it looks a little bright, but fair play for creating something.

Some people just dont apreciate the time and effort that goes into modding.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anything that touch colors, lights, contrast is a crime honestly. It should look the way it was intended, ambient colors/lighting wise. That's why I got rid of atmosfear after 10 seconds.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For Direct Draw (something) or .DDS in short for photoshop this plugin will handle that, light programs like paint.net has it inbuilt and I think there is a separate plugin for GIMP as well. (I use Paint.net myself for photo managing and editing.)

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

16. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    HaHa! Really cool - am I a nVidia user? No, I'm not - I'm an ATi User... and for those is this site in the 3w.

http://developer.amd.com/GPU/COMPRESSONATOR/Pages/default.aspx

I know enough to handle this programs there - and if not I'll learn it. With this nice tools I could mod everything without problems... okay... I hope it. And I hope it's enough to make my wanted changes become real.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The plugin is developed by NVIDIA but it's not "NVIDIA only", it's a generic Photoshop utility or rather file format plugin. :)

18. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Yes? Okay, but it doesn't work for me?! No where in photoshop was this window from nVidia available... dds files can't be open caused by incompabiblity.

But okay, now it's uninteresting, because I got a tool for my work now and this tool is enough for my interests!

But okay, I've to convert the dds file into a format wich I can open and edit with Photoshop. After my work I've to convert the edited file back with the ATi tool to a dds and save it - I've to do it like I explain, because the ATi tool don't have the functions wich I need.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

>>>> EDITED <<<<

It's disgusting how long filefront need to release my mod - I'm loading it up at the moment to megaupload.de for you.
    I'm at the moment working on the second version - the size is exloding the 600Mb marker - WoW - very hard!
    1400 texture files now - nearby the double size then before! NICE!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTESE7VQ

Upload finished - have fun with my first mod!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  19. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    file unavailable error

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Ya know, there's a gamma/brightness slider in the options menu :p