S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    All my customs have the atmosfear hi-res sky textures (must have COP complete installed). They just have a different lighting. Note that the lighting might not be that good for some weathers, as I was just testing...

2. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Better yet.....great....Thanks for the config...I will give it a go.

IMO I like the screenshots you posted as the custom Complete better , as like you, I only liked the skys but not the lighting. The lighting looks really nice to me in 4th shot.

Hopefully it will work.

Thanks again, Bro.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea there is a problem with either driver or game, but im betting on the game because i have this usual Stalker loading? stutter.. its with every stalker.

I decided to monitor it with msi, i thought maybe im running out or gpu ram, but no it was using 820-860mb.. but when that stutter occurs gpu usage drops from 99% cap to ~85-95% and back.. and its annoying as hell. This is at dx10 enhanced lightning, no aa, rest almost maxed except sun shafts, it runs great 60-90 fps but those gpu usage spikes are really bad..

@ rich_guy

tnx gonna try this patch optimization fix now, hope it works for me too :D

edit: no same story, lol check my ram usage and im at only 1280x1024 (no aa)

[​IMG]

and this is in any stalker game esp last 2, fcking hate it:3eyes: im gonna erase this..

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011

5. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    COP complete easily uses all your GPU vram and 2,5gb+ of memory ram.

And yes there are stutters, but I got over it and just enjoyed the game. (to me it achieves incredible graphics technically, I totally understand stuttering in this case)

6. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Was at Yanov and zombies started shooting through the station doors, killing me in an instant. I had not remembered to quicksave in about 40 mins :(

7. DgtlOutcst

DgtlOutcst Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 (55nm)
    Did anyone ever have a bug where the cutscene doesn't play when you examine stingray 2? (the helicopter in the iron forest anomaly)

basically, I press F to examine, the screen fades to black, and back. But when the cutscene is supposed to play the screen just stays how it was when I pressed F to examine. the game hasn't frozen, I can still hear sounds and see birds flying. Then it eventually fades to black and the screen will stay black with the sound still playing.

8. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I had that bug but on vanilla Stalker.
    Drivers were the cause if i remember correctly.

9. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    Happened to me on 2 choppers, after a minute or so the cutscene played and then the gameplay resumed correctly

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Patch updated again, Version 3 now out :)

11. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Thank you :)

12. DgtlOutcst

DgtlOutcst Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 (55nm)
    Hmm, I'll try waiting a little longer then.

13. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Dynamic Depth of Field that changes according to weather conditions

I was playing 'complete' and there was fog..then the day started..and it was all blurry...so i thought my video drivers were screwing up...so i saved..exited...rebooted...tried a few other games..nope..fine..went back in...same thing...the blurring effect as fog vapourizing in the distance...ive never seen it done so well before...totally fooled me..im so in love with 'complete' now...i set it to turn everyone outside during an emission into zombies, now its a nonstop warzone, i like going around and slaying all the zombies :D whee! :D i run about 50s for fps on avg...rarely dropping...i never played the 1st one really...my friend showed it to me..and I gave this one a go....im so glad i did :) awesome game :) awesome mod! if you dont try it..you are SO missing out...Id almost venture to say its prettier than crysis 2 demo....it certainly drives the crap outta my video card..the fan is always going quite a bit running @ 1920x1200 will max detail and almost full distance view on. :)

14. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Yeah, great game and great mod....you can push the graphics to as much as your system can handle.

SoC looks fantastic with the complete mod...almost up to todays standard and it is about 5 years old.

Stalker games are my favorite series.

15. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    they will make this game perfect, ver 3 is runing like a champ :)

16. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I wonder whats next for STALKER 2, i get chills down my spine when i think of it.
    With that upgraded engine, they may finally be able to render one big world...
    there we have it again, chills. SOC, CS and COP are great, they also look great,
    the modding community is having a blast and there's no end in sight.
    I just hope the same for STALKER 2.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Yeah that's the one thing that worries me a bit. It's so easy to mod stalker games. Anyone with enough time and desire for it can just do it. Open up a file with a text editor and you're good to go. I wonder if it's going to be this easy in the next stalker game.

18. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    NO, the next stalker will be crap as its multi platform, expect seriously gimped everything.

19. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    Ok, I just beat the game for the first time (I had the Complete 2012 mod though) and I have to say it was freaking awesome! I love this game now. It's probably in my top 10 or... maybe top 5... :nerd:

Great, super, awesome, amazing, spectacular, nerdgasming, badass game!! :banana:

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    idk i just hope it will have proper multi core rendering and fixed engine without this pos stutter.