S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    I'm working on the getting of Softimage, but I don't know really if that will work for me, to be able to make new bump- and specularmaps for my more detailed textures?! I hope that program will give me that function... - I'll try it this WE, becaus, a friend from my work have the program for me - he's working in in the design department - so it makes sense, that he got it, hehe. I can buy it from him used this friday.

If not, then I could only use the smaller size with my new mod v1.1... would be a little bit frustrating for me, but okay - I'll have what I could get.

All what makes the game better does matter.

Greetz@All, Cyber.

2. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Howdy Ho

I had found the one guy in the caves early on. After much searching I found the bones and PDA. Thanx.

3. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    A brand new Dragunov + ammo stash south of Yanov. Close to where the tools were; you'll have to use low crouch.

Another stash with a VAL close to the location that you go to with Uncle Yar. It's highly radioactive and you'll have to use low crouch again. There is also a Shortened Dragunov around there.

4. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    You do not need softimage AT ALL to cimply create normals and bumps. Theres no special way that softimage does it any better than anything else.

Use crazybump for environment, or if your really awesome, mudbox.

With mudbox, you can sculpt (much easier than gimicky zbrush) on a flat plane with the diffuse texture as a reference and then export normals, make them tile in photoshop, walah. You can even use that mudbox method to bake an ambient occlusion into your diffuse for extra "pop".

Softimage is waaaaaaay too excessive a price for simply doing normal maps.

5. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Yeah! I've test it before 5min - hehe. It's very easy with MudBox, the only problem I've got is the fileending after editing - *.mud, *.obj, *.bio, *.fbx? I can really edit this files with photoshop?

But the functions of that tool are really easy to use, I'm happy about that. After the convert of a *.dds to *.tiff or *.png or some format wich is compatible with MudBox - I can create the bumpmap, specularmap and the occlusion for that texture. I wont make my own Texture like a bitmap - and transform it with remaked bumpmaps. That's more work to do.
    The game got enough textures - I only increase their details make them smaller and copy them on the same size - by decreasing their size to 25% of their 100% size, but I make a new project with the same size (1024x1024= 100%) - so I put that 25% texture 4x together to have after that 100% of 100% again - so simply increased details - if you come closer to this texture ingame it will not detonate your view any more... no BIG SIZE PIXELS ;-P. But by this way the other texture effects are lost - so I'll only create them again for that Texture - that was my idea.

Good Idea? I could make some ingame shoots of concrete texture wich I've already edited - without the other effects, but at this point of editing is the increased quality enought for demonstrating only ;-P.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

6. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Found some more stashes... A Groza somewhere in Kopachi and a sniper rifle way east in Yanov, check the eastern most railroad tracks by the canal.

7. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Anyone know how to turn up the weapon fire sound....it's too low...the environment and music sound is too high...it drowns out the weapon fire...:biggun:

Maybe in the console?

Maybe in the game data file?

Also how come you can't hear your footsteps? Like jumping?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  8. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
  9. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    OMG ive just been playing STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl for 5mins and i hate it, its awful, why do people rave on about this game?

10. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I agree that it starts out very slow.....but believe me it will pick up and the game becomes very good indeed!

11. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    thats your problem, all stalker games start out slow, and your guns are very inaccurate and you get pwnt easy, then you get better gear and your guns get up to perfect accuracy.

I think its time they move stalker series to a new location, like a major city or something with the same scientist organization working there and set off a similar zone phenomenon im just tired of the same locations and the same mutants and monolith ect ect.

I've gotten as far as about to enter pripyat, its getting pretty good but im like yawn when monsters attack cause i've seen them so many times b4.

12. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I rather like this game but I messed up and accidentally deleted my saves as I was just about to enter pripyat

Anyone else feel this game is a massive ripoff of fallout 3? small towns in ships, radiation poisoning everywhere you go, raiders, armorer power suits, large maps with crap npcs? mutated dogs? Random people wandering that you can trade with? etc?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  13. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    No.
    STALKER has been around much longer than Fallout3
    If anything Fallout3 is a rip off of STALKER.

14. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Lose. Fallout 3 was the most overrated mediocre piece of **** I've played. Plastic muppets moving around like army tanks, terrible dialogue, terrible graphics, terrible animations, story that's based on a time period but doesn't demonstrate it properly. Hated that game, stopped playing after a few hours. I wanted to stop as soon as the birthday party comedy show started, but I gave it a chance, and it underwhelmed me.

Stalker on the other hand :nerd:

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Lets compare with what we know about ID's Rage instead.

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    The game may start out slow, but its amazing in later levels, with the quests, sound, graphics, and enemies.

17. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    @ Firefly, Agreed.

18. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    fallout 3 came after stalker....

but about rage, ya i've been watching it, looks like it maybe pretty good, not creepy like stalker but FPSRPG (semi-)open world (and ID software) always gets my attention. :biggun:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  19. Kosan1123

Kosan1123 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 275|GF 4 420Go
    Yeah fallout 3 is the sequal to fallout 2... which came out in 1997...

20. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    and wasn't a fpsrpg, really not anything like fallout 3's or stalkers gameplay, your point doesn't make sense.