S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    I might be wrong, not having any experience with Intel, but I would say your system isn't up to the full eye candy monty, as this game is quite demanding.

But if it was - then to improve the appearance there is some very nice mods to vamp the textures, metal, wood, terrain etc, used in Clear Sky but work in CoP.

NeilMc_Terrain_Pack.

S.H.A.R.P.E.R. By Skeleton.

Call of Pripyat Variation - Mod is for more variety of NPCs look.

ATMOSFEAR

There is also a nice sound mod for improvement to the weapons,
    Improved Sound Effects: Call of Pripyat v1.1 by: dDefinder

Oops Decane you beat me to it :wanker:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Dude sorry but my systems sometimes slows to 30-40fps with all DX11 all the way up and all sliders up all the way. :)

3. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    Wow u think Graphic's are bad?? I want some of that stuff your smoke'n. This game takes along time to catch on to, I played Clear sky's and thought this game suk's to hard to figure out but I stuck with it and really love'd it. Now this game Im hooked I cant stop playing it. Got it for $29 on steam best game for the price eva!

4. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    I am no expert, but apparently the engine behind the Stalker games mostly only uses one core of the CPU.
    I have a Logitech G15 with LCD display of CPU and RAM performance and that what it is telling me .. likewize it's possible it may also only use one GPU, so if your like me with a quad core and dual GPU - you have an expectation of some honking performance, which might be a tad unrealistic.

There is a bit of moaning about the graphics - which is sad because one has to remember the good Ukrainian folks who made it aren't on B Gates or EA's payroll.
    It's a fuzzing original and enjoyable series.
    For those of us that love it and have done multiple replays - it rocks and rolls!

:)

5. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    That's because 'maximum' settings vs. 'very high' settings in COP use a disproportionately large amount of computing power; you could keep roughly the same IQ by just dropping a couple of settings down and your FPS would double. Hence why my game looks jaw-dropping at best, despite remaining playable at all times.

6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    anyone know how to place izloms and zombies only from s.m.r.t.e.r. mod? and maybe some slightly increased spawn? i don't feel like adding the other stuffs in it...

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yep, I gotta say that you just have to avoid HDAO "Very High" & 4x AA+ and this game will run above fine for most of us.

8. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Your overcomplicating it dude. I can barely understand what your point is. All I was trying to demonstrate is that you can't simple reuse mask layers and such to an exact perfect normal. Maybe in the right circumstances you can, varying with complexity.

If you want to make good normals and heights from a photo or diffuse, best and nicest way, but thats me, is to just remake it as best you can with other alike higher res source materials, and repaint the shading on the greyscale for a nice normal.

I'm still not really 100 percent on what your after though. I have limited experience with the way stalker does textures, I have noticed the normal map seems to be more like a multi map that I saw alot of when modding halo. different channels for things like specularity and height and such.

Also, the alphas on your dds are being destroyed because they're being exported most likely as DX1, when I think they need to be dx3 or 5 for full 8 bit alpha. Either that or they never had alphas to begin with. Never heard of this before though.

9. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Question.
    What am I supposed to do with the docs I found in X8?
    They're just sitting, cluttering up my inventory.
    Owl don't want them.
    Scientists don't want them.
    Can't sell them.
    Can't move them.
    btw. I finished and I'm in free roam mode.

10. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    After playing as long as you did and coming into a thread where people are discussing the game to post what you did makes you look like a retarded *******.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    Been playing for a couple of days now. Really having fun with it. Played the original STALKER but thought it was a bit pants. This one is way more fun.

4X AA and all setting on max, looks very nice. Also one of the hardest and unforgiven games i have played in a long time. Brings back memories. :)

12. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    I think having the documents in your inventory effects the ending movie along with all the missions that you did or did'nt do and the missions that you failed,etc,etc...

13. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    No way am dropping a thing it looks great, when I say it drops down Im talking for about 1 sec at a time so it effects nothing in my game play. I spent allot of money on my PC so I could run everything wide open!

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    you english folk and your terminologies. lol:dave:
    i prefer to wear all of my pants and not just bits of them though.:cyclone:

15. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    *URGH* - I know that it's DXT3 at minimum, because the old STALKER files, wich I'll edit are compressed to DXT3 - but my photoshop can't handle that.
    OKAY, I could make black-fade to-white pictures but for wich effect ingame are they standing for?!
    Okay, I'll make some screens and load them up to imageshack.com, no problem - but try to tell me what you think.
    They're only 2 files but with 6 textures.

If I had Autodesk SoftImage - it would be soooo easy!

1st http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7152/concretebumpmask.jpg

2nd http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8169/surfaceconcretebumpmap.jpg

3rd http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1496/nwh.jpg

4th http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7901/surfaceconcrete.jpg

5th http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1376/concretemaskbump.jpg

6th http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/372/concretebump.jpg

You will see the filename and three got the same because it's one file. With SOFTIMAGE - what I'm waiting for - I can open the file and can activate the view to all 3 textures and the changes to the others if I change/edit something at one texture of them. And yes - of cause I could use more realistic (other) texture files for wood for example - but this Arroways-Software costs nearby 400€ in germany... you know.
    With Autodesk MAYA, 3ds and Render Monkey, I could make my own anime movies, games or fantastic pictures - but this far I wount go at the moment I only wanna mod an existing game ;-P.

After that with success - we will see ;-).

But thanks for all you've done until now. Looking forward to your next answer.

16. lambchop

lambchop Member Guru

GPU:
    None
    I keep getting an annoying bug where when i quick save it freezes for 30seconds to a minute. In any case it's a great game, from what i have played i still like SOC better but it's definitely better than clear sky. I feel so happy coming across a big pile of dead bodies i can loot...then depressed when i go over my weight limit but there are still some goodies left :( I have heard it's quite short compared to the others which is sad.

17. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Gotcha'
    Thanx

Anyone know where Joker is?
    It's a Cardan side quest. "He took off to points unknown".

18. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    One of them is near the Oakpine anomaly, the other is in the caves under the Burnt Farmstead.

19. spike21

spike21 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970CF 16@2133mhz
  20. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010