S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    Second walkthrough here....this is a great stalker game (i`m a fan anyway), it`s little easier than the previous parts. I got Vintar sniper rifle in first map and it`s very easy to get spas shotgun too. I play on veteran. It`s more balanced. I still die many times but I don`t get frustrated so much
    It` also much easier to obtain weapon upgrades than in clear sky as you remember.
    atmosphere is still very tense and I love completely dark nights too.
    Graphics are litlle outdated but the lightning is just amazing again. If you start the game, the first spot looks like sh..., but later you can find very nice locations and Yanov station looks almost photo-realistic.
    the biggest annoyance is the FOV....terrible...have to get some mod for it.
    I love none-linearity of completing missions and also having choices when dealing with other stalker during side missions. Maine story is just....I don`t really care.
    Overall this my kind of game and I love it. There is not many PC only games these days, but for me this one is a little treasure, aqnd it was developed by different company than giants like EA...(EA has some good games, but we need some variety don`t we)
    Gotta go, the blowout is about to begin.d...4f.vrv.s55u6k0qw.cqe.gu8-8--2_@)$3mznu4zu.....................................................................................................................................

2. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Dont know if i should laught or cry :knock:

3. toTheCore

toTheCore Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX280
    Is it viable to buy SEVA suit first, then head to Pripyat and after some time there to buy exoskeleton suit ? Or is it better to go for exo right away ( although u cant run in it before Pripyat) ?

4. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Is anyone else getting a crash after the load screen? I'm having to sit for five minutes watching a load screen, then the ****ing thing crashes, i've reset all my overclocks so it aint that causin the problem, got no mods applied, can anyone whose got it running fine tell me what nvidia drivers they are using so i can try that.

EDIT: got it running, but it takes like 5 mins to load, surely that can't be right.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010

5. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Don't know if this will help, but I had the same problem. Really long loading times(4-6 minutes) followed by either really bad performance from the game or a crash to desktop.
    This started happening after a did a defrag (win 7).
    Reinstalled the game and its ran fine every since......very strange.
    Have'nt seen to many posts about instalbilities in this game , but Ive had a s***load of problems with it just like the previous games.

6. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Just crashed again trying to get to the menu, and yeah it's taking ages to load, and i'm getting pauses when it finally does decide to run.

7. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Warning to anyone with an X-Fi:

Modding Call of Pripyat will cause your saved games to eventually BSOD your system. I found out the hard way after installing AtmosFear and Smrter.

8. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I don't have that issue. But i never used Smrter, i´m using just the textures of Atmosfear.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i have Xfi, i use atmosfear and Smrter. No issues here, not from modding anyway. I once had my savegames mysteriously move from the Documents to the Appdata folder, how that happened i dont know but that was long after i modded it.

10. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    All I know is I completed COP without any issues, then when I installed SMRTER my saved games eventually (some time around halfway through Jupiter) would BSOD when I tried to load them. I went so far as to start over... and I reached Jupiter again... and then I went to load a saved game... and it BSODs my system every time.

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    How does that prove an X-Fi being in your system caused it

12. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
  13. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    is there a mod that can increase the npc and mutant spawns? even for just a little? i don't feel like installing s.m.r.t.e.r. pripyat mod as it adds way too much in the game, but it has one of those extra creatures i want to see like the izlom and zombies.

14. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB

If you want a real bump and normal map it has to be made with gradients and shading from dark to light, not simply just converting a diffuse into a normal. You won't get any proper z depth and thus it's not a normal map, it's a noisy bump, if that. To remake normal maps for things that didn't originally have them (REAL ONES), you have to pretty much start from scratch with all the main 3dimensional details.My method is just layers in photoshop and combinations of inner and outer glowing/gradients and just simple black - white colours.

You CAN do your method however for enviro stuff, but thing's like characters and weapons and such, not so much.

Here's an example I whipped up a fair while ago now that I like to use as an example.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8666/cielingdecorbump.jpg

Lately though, I've been making them in flash, using vectors, giving me an infinite resolution bump map, that I can save to any dpi and then add more detail to in photoshop before making the normal. This also allows me to save any specific vector shapes I used in making a bump map, any cool details, and just reuse the vector path and distort or edit the points to make something new.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  15. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I am currently enjoying CoP and is for sure the best of the Stalker games.
    I have some issues that I resolve and it may help others.

I use to had severe stuttering around fire with high fps. I fixed it by increasing the light distance option to full. No more stuttering little difference in fps.

Asus Xonar users must disable GSX option or EAX in game. It doesn't work as you loose sound. I manage to make it work by replacing some EAX files in the game folders to newer versions but a lot off clicking sound is noticeable so I switch EAX off.

Did anyone manage to make SSAO default to work without the distance texture noise and really bad quality at hands and NPC faces? I find that it looks better and gives the game a dark atmosphere but the above mention problems make me switch to HBAO.

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    15 minutes?! serious lol? give it a little longer.

Wasnt for you? ok but doesnt mean game is rubbish or like you said GASH :p

Graphics?! a bit of a graphics "whore" are we? :p

17. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    More like a graphics trollop!

18. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Even I understand you wrong or I've to say NO - I don't want 2 files - the texture and the bumpmapping file.

Ingame is the game is the surface of concrete made out of 4 files - the Texture, the Bumpmapping, and the "vertex?", urgh - the file wich is needed for the lightning effects - the I call it this time vertex/shaders - because I don't know the correct name of it, but the function - the first includes the angles how the surface should react to lights (glittering and something like that), the other file is "BLACK AND WHITE" as you wrote - wich is for the depth of the look - where're shadows and where're reflections.

Under the true Texture wich you can see ingame directly is the BLACK and WHITE theme. Under the Vertex thing is the true 3D texture/structure.

The 2'nd files I can only see when I say "View Alpha Level" - there they're!

And the time I was editing this files I only edited the first step of this files without editing the alpha level - I need to convert the dds file to a file wich my photoshop could open - by this convert the alphalevels gone lost!

Now I've asked around - and I could be able to get Autodesk Maya + Docs + Toxic and Autodesk Softimage.

Autodesk 3ds MAX 2010 I've got from a friend he's study and need it - but he let me installing - so, I got it - but this part of Autodesk is only for 3D Bodys - not compatible with my ideas!

Is there a tool listed - with that I'll be able to edit a dds the way I want?! ALL 2'nd depth of this file (2 textures in one)? Or am I able to save at first the one edited - then the other after editing, to put them together again?

I hope I find a tool in Autodesk - wich I will get the next days - that would help me doing this.

I got a Texture of concrete and I made an new white sheep with the same dimensions, then I made helplines horizontal in the middle and vertically in the middle - after that I had made it smaller, but saved the proportions - then I duplicated that texture to fill up the other 3 white cases - after that I fixed them on the white sheep. The same with the colorful _bump-file - after that all, are the other textures missed - you understand me the right?
    You know now what's exactly my problem?

One possibility that I see is to edit the lost 2 textures with a tool included in Autodesk by the same way - that would be the easiest way... the other way is to make those 2 textures depending on the 2 I've edited by my self from the beginning on - don't know how, but I hope I'll learn it fast. And after that I put them together.
    ATi Copressor is not a good tool for that @ all.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber - looking forward to your help.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  19. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Give me some help here guys. I got Call of Pripyat because I thought it would look amazing but it doesn't. I am running it maxed out DX11 but it still seems dull. What mods can I use that are a must to make it look better.

Also my performance is far from ideal. What can be done without messing much with the looks? What type of occlusion is better?

20. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    HBAO provides the best performance/IQ ratio. Mods to make the game look less like itself and more like Clear Sky:

- COP Variation Mod
    - AtmosFear Mod
    - Texture Pack v1.1 (search this thread to find it)
    - NeilMC's Graphics Pack for CS (works for COP as well; all CS and COP textures are the same except very few level-specific ones which you can ignore)
    - Weapon Skins from FPS Banana

General performance tips:

- turn grass density all the way down; makes a minimal IQ impact but a huge performance impact
    - turn off sun rays
    - turn off AA
    - use a mod to reduce the duration for which mutant corpses stay in the game world (search the official forum; I'm too lazy to upload)