S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    You notice tesselation is on because the framerate hit it causes, if you disable it you'll notice that npc are equal but your performance is higher.
    By the way, Clear Sky NPC have round masks and don't need tesselation.

2. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    A very well rounded and articulate description, thanks.... :rolleyes:

You gave it ONLY 15 mins? ...hardly giving it a fair crack. Reagrding the graphics, did you ever think to check out screen shots first? Some people...

3. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Dammit I see from those screens a bunch of achievements I never got. While I couldn't care less about achievements in any other game in COP they actually affect the game so I find myself wanting to get them all x_x

Keeper of Secrets??? Marked by the ZONE?!?!? COME ON!!!!

4. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    15 minutes.
    Yup that's about right.
    Apparently you don't get what STALKER is all about.
    Nothing more for you to see here.
    Move along now.:leave:

5. baden

baden Guest

GPU:
    XFX Ati 5850
    I have turned it on and off with no difference in performance, which makes me think it is not working at all..

6. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    What achievements do you have?
    I only have those 12.
    Just finished this afternoon.
    Haven't found Oasis.
    Not a clue.

7. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    I found Oasis pretty quick. You get near the exit of Oasis while doing mutant hunts.

8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Decane...you don't know how good that makes me feel to hear you say that, as I know you are really like the Stalker series.......I loved SoC....Iam playing Clear Sky right now with the complete mod and it is gorgeous to look at....but man oh man I have had tons of crashes to the desktop......but I am going to make it thru as I am almost done.

I am so glad to hear that I will have something good to look forward to with CoP.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  9. Gheed

Gheed Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD5850
    I agree, game is horrible. Something feels wrong with it, no bugs, but still feels like an unpolished mess.

10. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    people who like stalker games how is the multiplayer versus CS and SOC? I especially liked SOC's multi for the sneakiness gameplay.

11. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Keeper of Secrets has to do with Strelok's stashes. Keep the documents you find in all of the stashes for a later time... don't sell them to Owl.

And Oasis is somewhere in Yanov.

I don't think it's possible to get most of the achievement in one play through anyway.

12. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    CyberVISION MOD v1.0: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTESE7VQ

Here're the pics - because, I read about somebody who was only playing 15 min and flamed around, LOL!

http://img186.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=xrengine1.jpg

BEFORE you'll flame again about the pics - you should try this MOD at first and become experiences with it!

>>>> EDITED <<<<

And of cause, I think he didn't saw this thread! http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3469978#post3469978

By the way... I don't like people, wich need to say or write something without understanding for it and no interests on it - they only say something pessimitic!
    But I'll tell you something - my mod update v1.1 will OF CAUSE hit the performance - because I increase the quality a lot much more then version v1.0! And if you can't play the game after this mod anymore because it's stuttering, you'll understand WHY they made a game, that looks like that before my mods! Because there would be not much systems wich could handle that!

And if you think your system is able to handle it - to handle everything! You're really an extremist, because you only know VERY-VERY-VERY³ GOOD or VERY-VERY-VERY³ BAD! Something between that would be out of your understanding! Only Black and White - grey you can't see.

And it makes the differences between you and me! I don't like the crap look too - but I'm not flaming! I'm just doing something and not only for me!

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

13. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    not that iv played the new one (but i will once iv finished mirrors edge and mass effect 2) the first one wwas amazing and did take some few hours to get into....you cant possibly make a judgement on a game after playing for 15 mins - stalker games dont work like that,

and graphics arent the be all and end all of a good game!
    your comments arent fair so your effectively just trolling this thread for the sake of it.

14. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    those images are more like it. i might mod it and try again. to get into a game i need to be grabbed like fallout3 did for me

15. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Look at my thread buddy - I got a mod for you too.

16. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    is that the best it can look outside?

17. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    untill some one renames this thread "only for people balls deep in this game allowed" i will post my opinion ok?

18. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Not really - it's not perfectly - it's my first MOD! But I got now an example for you, where you can simply see what I'm doing the next! But keep in your mind there're 1404 files to edit for me now... some by the method you could see if you follow the linking and some other different methods - some of them are combined methods... just look at my MOD Thread, there I explain it - but okay it's very simple explained what I do.

LINKING

http://img689.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=briksbig01editedkopie.jpg

MY MOD THREAD

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3469978#post3469978

It's hard work.

19. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    That's fine.
    But.
    When you post your cryptic assessment please be sure to preface it with:
    That way people new to this thread will know where you're coming from.

20. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Okay, you that's the way it goes if I make the other method to have the best quality of a surface.

http://img12.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=bearbeitetu.jpg

>>>> EDITED <<<<

Last steps for that example will be to edit the bumpmapping part of that file - because the details wich are bumpmapped are smaller and more then before and I've to edit the bumpmap file the same way. After that I convert it back to a dds file and copy it back to the folder wich is used for that texture ingame.
    I can go ingame and can look how the texture is looking ingame with all the lighning and shadow effects.

I've found some textures of NPCs and animals in the S.H.A.R.P.E.R. MOD - the textures are sometimes potentiated by 2 - so that's the way why they look sharper... but there're no bumpmapping files for them - I'll change it!

It's only a mask - I can delete all right down to the edges ... that are the details wich should have effects on lightnings - then I only convert that picture with a bumpmapping file - and save it ... convert it to a dds file and ready for a test ingame.
    That would be so crazy but really cool... I think, I should cancel my RL-job and make money with work like that - LOOOOOL!