S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Did anyone else notice how there or some characters in COP that were there back in Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky?

Like Nimble... If anyone remembers the first mission in SOC was to rescue Nimble from the bandit car park and get his flash. In Clear Sky he is sitting by Lebedev's room and gives you tips on your PDA. Then in COP he is the rare items dealer...

Also Senka in COP, if you remember from Clear Sky he was in the bandit hangout always drunk and it's the same in COP, only now he is sitting by Nitro.

Just sayin.

2. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

And i find a special character at the end of the game;)

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I noticed google maps doesnt show any detail for chernobyl area, it only zooms so far in satallite. does the Ukraine have some kind of protective order against satallite imagery?

Now that i'm in Pripyat, this game is kinda unfair. Like i'll be loading a cutscene after inspecting a dead body and i get under attack and have to wait till i have control again but then i'm dead. Some parts have so many enemies at once,...pretty tough game, i'm tired of dieing actually lol.
    I modded it so much the cutscenes are kinda screwed up too.

4. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Do you think the mods you used also messed up the AI in the game (hence why your having such a hard time in Pripyat)? Or is that simply how they wanted it to be?

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Try Google Earth...some pretty cool links if you turn them on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    This is one badass scanner.
    It shows you all the flare ups and whirlygigs.

[​IMG]

7. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    This memory leak or whatever is really starting to piss me off. Play for 15 minutes... restart... play for 15 minutes... restart... play for 15 minutes... It wouldn't be so painful if the initial load time wasn't on the order of 90 seconds.

8. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    Hello My Friends!

For All fans of modded STALKER CallOfPripyat - I've got the ULTIMATE combination founded and okay ... I've had adjust some values by my self - and I'm sry, but the unpacked "gamedata" will have a size of 345Mb.

As soon as it possible for me, I'll make a new Thread for that MOD - where I'll release it combined with a short 5min video(-linking) and pictures wich will show you the differences between the "normal" look and "CyberVISION MOD v1.0" +(combined with the FoV Switcher v1.7 pics).

One I could tell you before the release - ALL surfaces are bumpmapped and are now looking 3 dimensionally! Shadoweffects nearby everywhere ;-P!

But I'm sry - I could upload the mod at the coming weekend on saturday evening - earlier isn't possible for me - too much to do @ work in my real life.

If I be able to do the mod finalazing earlier, I'll let you know about that the first.

Greetz@ALL -> Cyber.

9. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ^
    Excellent - looking forward to it, my brudda!

10. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Sweet getting the game later today finally released over here.

What version of the game is the final product ? and are there any newer updates i should download before starting the game just to make sure ?

11. shaderlord

shaderlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 280 OC
    Can't wait to try it! Bring it on. I hope it will be just as good as CS complete.

12. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    No I don't think so - CS Complete don't support bumpmapping and vertexshaders for walls - I mean walls of houses ;-). And not for all the groundsurfaces ;-P. Next thing would be bumpmapping and vertexshaders for NPC's, weapons and of cause for your hands in the game :-0.

At the first I've to find out the easiest way to deaktivate that "gamedata"-thing... to make some pics in "normal" mode of the game.
    I don't think rename from |True| to |False| is really enough - not for the AtmosFear modding. Console command load_defaults.xyz should work with that method.

- c ya

13. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Well it sound like a great work.
    Maybe some pics to increase the appetite?

14. CyberCore

CyberCore Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE/HD4980/1Gb
    No - no pics but the mod itself ;-) ->
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3465341#post3465341

I'm tired caused by this work an stress in my RL - because of that I had finished my work this morning at night and loaded it up.

The Thread is open - have fun with this mod - if something is not that good in your eyes, then change it by yourself please... no more/other changes from me, I've done.

Greetz@ALL, Cyber.

>>>> EDITED <<<<

I'm sry, I used the german real weapon name mod -> delete or override this files with the english version.

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    The best combination of mods I found are FoVmod @75 + Atmosfear + CS graphic pack + Textures 1.1 + CoP Terrain plus. This is played in DX10 to avoid the excess of bloom and textures actually look really sharp.
    Some screenshots but they dont justice :p
    If you try it remember to load the user.ltx from atmosfear, I missed it the first time ..lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    If I buy this game will I be able to use AA using directx 10?

17. superweapons

superweapons Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 Core 216
    CoP offers native AA under DX10.

18. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    I keep noticing people from older games in COP... If you guys remember in SOC there was a guy at the bar that always said "you can't go there"... His name was Garik and you can find him in the Scientist Bunker in COP.

Also Uncle Yar is in Clear Sky (the one who always argued with Ashot over loudspeaker) in the Freedom base and in COP he is chilling at Yanov.

Just something interesting....

19. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Thanks TroM, nice post.

20. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    hey could someone link me to this cs graphics pack? :)