S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by cjs007, Sep 22, 2009.

1. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    [​IMG]
    I didn't know this game was coming out.

I thought this year was going to suck!!

But not NOW!!!!

I am happy to see they made a new game, just hope they had enough time to finish it..

If there is one game that feels real, it's this one....LOVE the environment, i can walk around for hours just searching for things and it feels like i am there.

Russian developers ROCK!!!:rock:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hahaha, the developer isn't Russian ...

3. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    OK.

What?

4. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Ukraine or something?

5. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'm holding off before I buy this one. Every game they've released has been buggy at first and heavily GPU bound, as well as not making any use of the CPU. Hell Clear Sky is still only single threaded which really made me wonder what in the hell they where thinking.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i finished Stalker and CS without patching and without a hitch, had great high consistent performance from start to finish.

but i know what you mean, at least 14 of my friends are still cursing the game and the amount of bugs they encountered, terrible performance, BSOD, lag, bugs, you name it, in XP and Vista32/64, with plenty of varied drivers and pc configurations.

i'm sure the developers were to blame, but i find it weird that my pc survived both games without any problem, doubt the developers programmed the game to run on my pc and bomb everyone else. ahhh the mystery of the pc. :D

7. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    im looking forward to this as well, but after both SoC and CS being buggy im gunna wait a while. dont get me wrong, both are great games (im goin through SoC for the 6th or 7th time with the new LURK mod) but both gave me some trouble. for me SoC was way worse then CS, i actually had to uninstall it until the 2nd or 3rd patch came along and fixed whatever it was that was causing my CTD's.

so i guess ill be waitin to see how it works out for everyone else before i try it...

8. ALien8ed

ALien8ed Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI
  9. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
  10. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu

11. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    The developers fixing to lose alot of money releasing it so late it will make this a hugely pirated game just a matter of time before someone patches it to english:wanker:

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    it makes as much sense as a raped monkey......why the german = november , russian = october...rest = 2010.

i mean why especially germany first? nein nein.

13. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    They're from Ukraine, but it's almost the same. Also, after seeing some of the games that come from post-USSR, you wouldn't be so cheery!:grin:

Anyhoo, time for you guys to learn russian language, to play the game early on:p Good that I know russian:D

14. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I'm done with stalkers. I've seen enough of what those games and their dev have to offer. Definetly substandard games

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    [​IMG]

16. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    :stewpid:
    Nah, the STALKER games have gorgeous graphics, incredibly immersive atmosphere and story, and gameplay with more genuine, authentic scares than the typical, stale survival horror crap.

17. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    For me part of the appeal of the stalker games is that they are less polished and more gritty than many pc titles , it adds to the immersion and atmosphere... saying thaty some of the bugs in clear sky were unnacceptable on release , i am really peed off about the 2010 release date for c.o.p though , is it the dx11 content that's holding up the worlwide release i wonder....

18. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Well, they claim it's the localization, but you never know... I'm pretty pissed about the 2010 release as well. :bang:

19. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    +1

Thoroughly enjoyed STALKER CS once the drivers were optimised for it.

I never had any problems except for hitting quickload too fast after I died and having the game CTD.

I think the translation to English would be a part of the delay.

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    True, alot of older games still have more atmosphere then new ones. One of the best examples would be the old UT99, no matter how epic the gfx of UT3 were, UT99 still had way better atmosphere.

Another reason is the fact that it's just different... every shooter with irl weapons has the same "type" of levels whereas stalker is something different.
    One thing I'm especially tired of are those goddamn desert (iraq?!) themed levels. Even though I still play CoD4 online, I'd love to see some really good competitive maps in different environments.

Nah, the illegal sites often work on translations of the conversations aswell. I bought the previous stalker games but I also downloaded the russian releases because I couldn't be arsed to wait another week.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009