S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat Misery v2.2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Misery Development has released a brand new version of its Misery mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat. FYI, Misery is a full concept modification of S.T.A.L.K.E.R....

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat Misery v2.2

KissSh0t likes this.
  2. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Oh my word. This is going to be fun :)

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The time has come and so have I.

4. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    One of the best game series.sometimes i think today gen games lost touch and fun for me like i was having in those times.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Wowee this mod is hard... just doing the normal mode as recon, and first time died from a monster within one minute, second time died within two minutes from..... I think it was another stalker or it could have been military... this is legit hard mode fps combat.

This is what I love.

*edit*

If anyone's like me and was having a hard time with the games fov being set so high "having to squint just to see things"... the fov settings are located here

C:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs

Open "System.ltx" with notepad, search for "view_fov_deg", mine was set to 90, changed it to 75.

Also, vsync still seems to not work in this modded version, you can force it with D3DOverrider, add xrEngine.exe and force vsync on.. here is a link I prepared earlier.. haha, this is DX11 version of D3DOverider. http://www.mediafire.com/file/qyx47j1t109j8ib/D3DOverrider_DX11.rar

I'm pretty sure it works in Windows 10, at least it did for me when I used it last, not sure about the newer builds of 10, I'm currently on 8.1

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  6. arel77

arel77 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA
    Wow amazing ! :eek:
    Looks wonderful on ultra preset
    Around 54 fps lowest to 132 fps

7700k 5 ghz
    3600mhz 16gb ram
    1080ti founders

The fps takes a massive hit down to the 50s some times in cloudy weather.....

Fix: TURN DOWN SUN RAYS TO LOW
    instant 45 more fps now I'm around the 80s to 140s damn single threaded x engine lol love hate relationship

Very fun mod all the stash locations from misery 2.1 seem to be in the same spot so far !

Good hunting stalker

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Where do I go during a blowout? It doesn't mark it on the map and I'm in a loop of death trying to find shelter xD

8. arel77

arel77 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA
    It should mark on your map when I first started the game it marked me to the building best to where I started. Map shows a white marker already it did for me , I would load up a prior save and reload it lol

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I finally figured it out, turns out the area I was in had a really hard to enter shelter... it was somewhere around a big rip in the ground... ended up reverting to an earlier save and running over to the big ship.

This mod is brutal.

10. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    this Mod is hard as fck maybe hardest game ever after this mod.Its like playing cs go online where i m getting head shots

KissSh0t likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    there is a setting in game options to turn off AI god like aiming... with it turned off their aiming is still god like xD

12. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    Its already off and playing in Rookie mod after fail to play in Misery mod..still hardest fck..now i quit..Cant enjoy.but game is looking geourges. I am STUCK here in this LOCATION.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Check the map, it will mark a location for shelter... Also, create multiple saves as you progress, makes it easier if you get stuck in a loop of death.

14. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 TI 8GB
    It's a shame that these old games aren't optimized for multi cpu.
    Also, I've installed it in an SSD but using DX11 render the loading time stay slow. Using DX9 it's way faster. But DX11 is better looking. Arghhh!
    I wish I had the knowledge to try to mod the engine myself in order to improve the performance. Damn.

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Downloading the mod and reinstalling the game just now, I actually had to go find the DVD, I actually had to use the DVD drive on my PC, I can't tell you how long it's been since I had to do that.

Yeah the mods cr*p, sorry someone has to say this but their is difficult and then their is just plain and simple not fun. Starting the game in the middle of a field with no idea were to go and weapons that are utterly ineffective against even the most entry level enemy and then encountering packs of enemies that can hit you so quickly and do so much damage that you are dead before you can even reload. Nope the mods utter rubbish, sorry someone has to say it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    airbud7 likes this.

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I have to agree. I love Stalker, probably my favorite fps series but this mod is just masochistic. I also don't understand the sense in crafting such an elaborate video that doesn't show even one second of in-game footage. I'm waiting for the next release of Call of Chernobyl mod. Now there's a great free roam standalone game that captures the best of what Stalker is about.

airbud7 likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You guys are just weak.

save me mommy the bloodsucker is go t g...................

airbud7 likes this.
  18. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    And if the games difficulty was based on fair and even handed gameplay mechanics such as those in Dark Souls I would agree. I've retried the mod and have managed to reach the ice breaker. Took on a group of a dozen or so zombies with my starter weapons, was pretty bummed to find that they had very little in the way of ammo but did manage to pick up some weapons, albeit rubbish ones with no ammo... yeah the bad guys can shoot the weapons but don't actually seem to have the weapons either loaded or carry any ammo for them! I also love the fact that while the AI has clearly had an aim buff the actual AI is still brick dumb, trying to shoot through walls at targets and I really do love how once one enemy spots you EVERY enemy in the encounter area knows EXACTLY were you are. Yes I know the unmodded game had this issue but the unmodded game also didn't have enemies that could floor you with a single hit at a range that would be well beyond most snipers let alone a guy with a shotgun or auto rifle.

I am gonna push on but I can see some of the mechanics of this mod having a combination of being tedious, repetitive and boring enough to drive me back to Factorio.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Don't take it seriously I am just being silly the game is freaking hard.... it took me over an hour just to kill a bunch of Mercenary.

Although I love fps games that are hard so it won't make me bored :>

If you are looking to get good weapons Mercenary have some pretty awesome stuff, I got a sniper rifle and a desert eagle from them, when you shoot the desert eagle it makes your vision blurry each time you fire because it's a huge hand cannon haha..