1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., May 16, 2018.

1. Celcius

Celcius Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380X
    So, what would be wrong with that? My Dad is in his sixties, and he's probably rockin' Strange Brigade as I'm typing this. It could be worse; you could find yourself watching television.

If this happens, does anyone think this will be yet another hot date with Strelok? I'd like to think his wandering days are behind him; perhaps getting fat and ruining his liver in some small sunny cottage outside of Odessa.

TR2N, Undying and pedropaulo like this.
  2. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Nothing wrong with that;)

3. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Thinking about getting older just makes me sad. I start to think of all the cool technology and games I'll miss when I'm no longer around.

Back on topic though... Looking forward to the next game in the series.

Bond!JamesBond! likes this.
  4. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Cheer up. The way we are screwing the planet the next generations will play real life STALKER:)

Undying and Bond!JamesBond! like this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    oh eventually it will happen they will resurrect everything to milk nostalgia, if you want it or not.

hollywood is well along the road of destorying our youths with cheap nostalgia cash grabs, the games industry started down the road a few years back.

6. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    sure why not they know the "youth" genes and they can probably do other stuff via gene editing to bulk up other systems that tend to wear out like your heart or lungs etc. And we can crisp dna of wth ever we want into wth ever we want.

Longer lives or at lest healthier lives longer for people will probably be a thing in 30 40 years, as well as fusion reactors powering the world, and we will be a hop skip to transporters and replicators also in that time frame.

There have also been new ideas in space travel that could get us to other galaxies sooner rather than later.

so 50 to 100 years we really entering into the star trek (roddenberry) type future.

maybe we see. :p

8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I wouldn't mind seeing a future like this, but I doubt we'll get there. Humanity will always find a way to screw itself over.

9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    No, we don't.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    No we don't what? future? got a crystal ball?

I watch enough science panels and read articles all that stuff is 40 50 years out period provided the apes do not blow them selves up or manage to topple civilization.

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I will be well upset if we dont get zombie outbreak in the next 40-50 years :D

I hope we will see it being released, i still find X18 creep as. Atmosphere is that game was incredible

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Undying likes this.
  13. Celcius

Celcius Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380X
    Regarding those Twitter responses, while I think that Call of Chernobyl is a wonderful way to experience a bit of all three official games in one, big serving, it's actual gameplay doesn't really distinguish itself all that much from the originals. (I will say that the mutants in V1.56 (?) are brutal. I watched a single pseudo-dog annihilate five Duty troopers and then start eyeing me as dessert. As a result, you dare not go anywhere without a semi-auto shotgun, so thank The Creator for the Arsenal Overhaul mod.)

All I remember from LURK was getting shot to pieces rather thoroughly at 200 meters by some clowns armed only with Makarovs.

What I *don't* want in any new STALKER game is so many locked doors. There are too many tantalizing and intriguing structures in the games that you often can't explore due to non-functional doors.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The thing that I really liked about Call of Chernobyl is the difficulty... I found it a lot more challenging than vanilla Call of Pripyat.

I haven't put much time into other mods though so I can't speak about them.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i started radiophobia gods the gfx updates of these mods now days.

lost alpha started to annoy the hell out of me so i gave up on it.

autum mod is another people rave about.

and now the misery team is working on a SOC version of their mod.

depends on the mod and what it does. i mean lost alpha is only hard because weapons need upgrading to actually be decent, even the fn2000 feels like bb gun in lost alpha. and the role play mechanics make sniping heads difficult. mutants did not seem to hit very hard, nor were anomalies very lethal outside the radioactive ones (where your screen goes b/w and you drop dead within seconds) but the game will throw lots of mobs at you, ammo is constant hassle until you get some of the tools to upgrade. oh another thing can make it hard is ai will fire from bushes and tickets where it is hard as hell to see, no los for you, might see a muzzle flash might not. that can REALLY suck.

radio buffs the living hell out of anomalies even the standard ones can f you up (plus many are stupidly difficult to see until they trigger). guns though are lethal if your shooting or getting shot it hurts badly. no gun level mechanics or rpg mechanics so they did not have to neuter the mobs. nor do i think they upped the spawn rates to the level of lost alpha they larger and more often but not massive groups. but i need to get deeper into the mod really i just got to garbage.

think last time i played soc (years ago) i ran lost picnic mod. really cant recall how it was. but there several current mod projects coming out or due out, in the current year.

bad thing about these massive mods though? stability and save corruption. stability is what it is when you making 1000s of changes to a game, but these extra bells that these mods add like psy emissions and upping spawns and respawn rates, well they are the issue moreso. most recommend not taking more than 2 to 3 missions at a time, some say even one, but for some reason that can cause problems particularly late game when your invested in the run.

they also can bug out ai and quests, like a non scripted attack can make a quest npc go unresponsive and get stuck that way so you have to reload and try again. and lest in lost alpha the ai when an emission hits just drop all aggro and run to the nearest "safe house" i was in the middle of the one mission where they chase and try and kill for 2 3 map, and god this mission was the LAST straw for me and lost alpha. but one reload the game decides to throw a psy storm so i hustle to the house where all the guys trying to kill me are there so i start shooting them, no reaction at all. i could literally walk up point a gun in their face and blow their brains out one by one. dunno if that is just a lost alpha thing, or they all bugged out, or wth but radio got storms also so will see i guess at some point. also had custom cut scenes bug out and the camera stays stuck to the actor and does not fly thats purely lost alpha though i think.

really geeked about stalker 2 i got all these games and gonna play em all modded up before stalker 2 drops ;p. it been a bunch of years since i played these anyway.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Stone Gargoyle likes this.

16. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    A few words from the Boss, Sergiy Grygorovych.
    We really feel it, thank you!

"I told you about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.2 a year ago.
    At the beginning of development, I decided it must be either a cultural phenomenon or nothing. Now I can say that I like it.
    And we won't talk a lot this time, we make. The team feels your support, thank you all!"

[​IMG]

Undying, cerebus23 and emperorsfist like this.
  17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I really want this to be as much of a cult classic as the original games. I wish them all the best.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    what game engine are they using?

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Unreal Engine 4

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Idk if thats good or not. I thought this Cryengine project looked great.

cerebus23 and emperorsfist like this.