1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-sync&DSR

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by emperorsfist, Nov 26, 2018.

1. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Hello, is anybody else having problems getting scanline sync to work correctly when DSR is active on Nvidia cards (when actively downsampling)? When I downsample from 4k to 1080p I seem to be unable to hide the tearline no matter the setting. When I use GeDoSaTo, everything is ok, but pure DSR more often than not has this issue.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Sounds like the settings need to be adjusted to account for the higher display resolution and how this is being scaled down whereas GeDoSaTo scales the backbuffer of the program you're running it on instead of setting up additional display resolutions.

But I don't really know what settings to suggest, it's a 4x increase in display resolution but then the image is scaled down again so that might affect results too where just using a very large value perhaps isn't enough to move the scanline.
    If you can update the RTSS setting when the game is running and see changes in realtime that might make it easier but if it needs a restart of the program to apply then it's going to be tricky to see how big of a change each increment is for this and how it affects the line and where it ends up.

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Ok, thanks for your input! I'll try fiddling with the scanline number and see if it goes away eventually. I'll update this thread once I get some results, or someone else chimes in.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Hmm from the recent post in the scanline topic another user seems to have tested every single valid value with no luck.

I wonder if the way custom resolution / DSR style downsampling and how it scales the display res down to native after applying the new resolution choice somehow breaks or resets the value, hmm I don't have the expertise to say for sure though and it would depend on how this initializes and how the display would be refreshed or scaled I suppose but it seems it won't be as easy as I was initially thinking it would be where you just compensated for a greater total resolution (Before it scaled.) by adjusting the value. That's unfortunate.

The value should work with a native 4k or whatever resolution display so that just leaves the way it's rescaled or downsampled back to the displays native resolution when using DSR or just setting a higher than native custom resolution and using that but that doesn't really help with answering how to fix that. It is clear the sync line is always centered though whether it's max or min values and since that goes all the way to -200 and still doesn't affect the scanline position trying custom values are likely not going to work either.

I think I'm out of ideas for now. :(

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Thank you for your ideas, regardless if they helped or not ;) . Weird thing is that now it's working for me in Deus Ex Human Revolution (DSR 4x - 4k -> 1080p). Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (scanline stays in the centre of the screen, regardless of setting). Maybe it's something that needs refining, but that's up to @Unwinder . It|s a very specific issue, but I felt that it should be mentioned.