Ryzen Master Is For Gamers Change On The Fly Cinebench20

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by gerardfraser, Jul 16, 2019.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Setup your Ryzen Master for those game that just will not hold Max Boost Clock.

This video I went 25Mhz over Max Boost Clock printed on the Box for 3600X.

In Ryzen Master I picked creator mode and set six cores to 4425Mhz for the WOW game I was going to play.

Set Memory to DDR4 CL14 3600 Boom Bob is your uncle and I was off to play.

Experiment with Ryzen Master and enjoy it is a great tool.Always exit Ryzen Master when finished setting up what you want.

EDIT:
    I been changing CCX with Ryzen Master since I got my 3600X and I can not remember if I was changing on the fly or changing on the fly after I opened this tool once and set one CCX OC Tool: http://bit.ly/30zhbMz .So for now I say open tool once and then use Ryzen master.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    bigcid1 likes this.
  2. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I perfer bios overclocking but ryzen master is a great program for those who don't know how to bios overclock there systems.

3. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Does Ryzen master stay in memory after you close it ?
    and will it autorun at start ?
    Thank you

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yes it does stay in memory after close and I recommend to close it after you set your settings and restart.
    I also have a bunch of profiles saved and just load one up and restart and it will autoload profile.You can also do memory timings/Voltages/profiles but being able to clock any CCX you want is a bouns ,such as in the video.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I been changing CCX with Ryzen Master since I got my 3600X and I can not remember if I was changing on the fly or changing on the fly after I opened this tool once and set one CCX OC Tool: http://bit.ly/30zhbMz .So for now I say open tool once and then use Ryzen master.

6. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    if RM is set to creator mode and say I set the clocks to 4.30 @1.35v
    memory at stock@3200 xmp
    how do I get it to downclock instead of staying at 4.3 all the time?
    Thank you

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I doubt you could when your adjusting/set a CPU voltage and I do not think I ever thought about downclocking when overclocking.I am not sure at all,I wait to see if someone answers with a proper answer ,if no answer I will check my Intel Machine and my Ryzen Machine to see if it downclocks when adjusting voltage.

For now I think that is expecting a little too much but I could be wrong as frack on that.

I just checked my system AMD and it is saying 40w CPU/SOC ,is that why you asked if it downclocks because it is using 30-40 watts in idle or is just to high I do not know really just asking

https://i.**********/6QwtcpLT/Desktop-Screenshot-2019-07-18-13-45-01-30.png

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  8. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I had some difficulty with Ryzen Master 2.0 straight away...I foolishly opened it, selected "auto overclock" and hit the "apply" and then the "test" button--and RM 2.0 did something I have not been able to undo. It changed the "auto" cpu parameters to that of a 3600--not a 3600X, any longer. The result was when my bios was set to auto--the cpu was now running at 3.6GHz alternating between a max boost of now only 4.274 GHz--when before, of course, it had always run at 3.8GHz on "auto" and boosted to 4.399GHz-4.4GHz. That behavior no longer occurs! Rather than writing it all again here, here's a link to the thread I started at AMD.com about this:

https://community.amd.com/thread/241377

But...it is really all academic, because the physical characteristics of the CPU haven't changed (of course) and I found to my delight that a 600MHz overclock on all 6 cores to 4.4GHz @ 1.35v works wonderfully well! So, atm, boost is academic for me. Still, I would like to know how to undo what RM 2.0 has done, in case I ever want to go back to auto & boost again! The thread at AMD details everything I have done this far to correct this--unsuccessfully. Short of doing a clean Windows 10 install, I cannot think of anything else to do! I won't do a clean install--as I have several TBs of installed games and programs and don't feel like taking a month to install them all again!

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well before I read your AMD post. Lets just look at reinstall Windows 10 1903 or whatever.

Takes 10 min-15min for full wipe and install,maybe longer depending on system.
    I have 5TB of games and have for years over multiple reinstall of Windows lastest being 1903 and have not had a problem.
    Steam/GOG/Origin/Uplay all have a search for games and install automatically without download after windows install .I also keep installers legacy/new just in case of any problem.
    EPIC I have installed but can not vouch if it can reinstall games by itself without downloading because i have not tried with epic.

Back to your problem,I can not see Ryzen Master changing BIOS settings permanent ,especially when you can change settings on the fly in desktop.You can also save profiles and edit them so default values should not be a problem.Uninstalling and deleting everything related to Ryzen Master is also a choice.I mean from registry to hidden files so I may be talking out my butt without reading but it is just not computing that Ryzen Master made your CPU to a different one 3600x->3600.I seen another post on 3d guru maybe it was your CPU or someone else.I might go read your thread but I fear your detail may be too much for me to handle in one sitting.LOL

10. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    before I got my amd system I had a i7-7820x and a aorus 7 mb
    I had it clocked to 4.6GHz in bios but it would still clock down(multiplier)
    to 1.2 at idle
    Thank you

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Can I ask why you want it to downclock,is it to save engery or something.Thank you.

12. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    Save on wear and tear on the cpu
    Plus save energy as well

13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well that is a good thing,now to tell you Ryzen is the most efficient CPU ever,I would say let it do it's thing in auto mode and it will downclock to 0.200v when idle until you actually mouse mouse or click on something.
    Here is AMD guy.If you do not believe AMD guy how about a famous overclcocker around.I bet you watched his video already.

I am not working around your question,it is just because for me 40 watts @4400Mhz in idle is nothing ,so I am not even going to look at downclocking on the Ryzen 3600X.I understand why you want it but it is one of the most effiecent chips ever,try the advice AMD guy laided out until a real AMD thing comes up.Not trying to be harsh or anything.The fact it just not bug me at all and I do not have a real good answer as to why it is not downclocking when CPU voltage is changed on overclock. Hope the post helps out some,but if you really want i can see if I can get mine to downclock with CPU voltage but i doubt it would.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/
    EDIT 7/18/19 As a temporary workaround, you can use the standard Windows Balanced plan. Edit this plan to use 85% minimum processor state, 100% maximum processor state. (Example). This will chill things out as we continue to work this issue. Your 1T and nT scores shouldn't change at all (+/- the usual run-to-run variance). This will preserve boost, retain cc6 core sleeping, preserve idle downclocking/downvolting, but make the CPU more relaxed about boosting under light loads.

Please note that it is totally normal for your Ryzen to use voltages in a range of 0.200V - 1.500V -- this is the factory operating range of the CPU. It is also totally normal for the temperature to cycle through 10°C swings as boost comes on and off. You will always see these characteristics, as they're intended, so do not be surprised to see such values. :)

Please do not undervolt the chip or set a maximum processor state of 99%. These are ineffective and/or detrimental changes.

We appreciate the reports everyone has provided, and they are helpful. I will make an all-new post when I have a more comprehensive update to share. Thanks for your patience. ♥

bigcid1 likes this.
  14. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    ok,sounds like a plan,Thank you

15. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Well, speak of the devil, I'm really not sure what happened, but now I'm back to the normal "Auto" boost behavior of the cpu and I've found I prefer to run at the base 3.8 Ghz + 4.4 GHz boost to the OC of all-core @ 4.4GHz@1.356v because I'm getting the same max performance but running much cooler at stock. Yes, in all that I tried, somehow, at a point yesterday afternoon, the situation righted itself. Go figure. I'm inclined to think that the bios reflashes but mainly just resetting CMOS is repsonsible, albeit it was a *delayed* reaction, apparently, that I still don't quite understand.

If I had as few as a dozen or two games installed, a clean install wouldn't be so bad--but I have > 350 games installed spanning several terabytes. Even if I get the auto-installers from the distributors like GOG/Steam to do it, it's still a long and tedious one-at-a-time reinstall process. I have only Windows on my C:\ Boot partition NVMe drive--and I have 9 partitions parceled over 4 HDDs, so I have to tell each game where to install, etc. Anyway, I have found that an in-place reinstall of Win10 from a hard-drive mounted ISO (now 1903) works as well as a clean install while preserving my registry installations--and takes a lot less time, as you might imagine! Anyway--what I mentioned here yesterday no longer applies, thankfully! Yes, now I can LOL..;)

16. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    I come to realize that when I said it wasn't down clocking,it was because I was looking at the taskmanager(performance) tab
    and it said 4.3 all the time
    but if I look at the RM app ,it was fluctuating up and down as required
    So I guess it is .:D

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    That is great you figured it out.
    Now The games thing,I am not following you I have two hundred games installed over different harddrives and I can reinstall windows anytime and it does not effect the games at all no matter what hard drive it is installed on.Then again I do not test every game after a reinstall of windows so I could be talking bullcrap here and I do not even know it.

Nice ,every one is new to the Ryzen 3000 ,it will all get worked out .I can say I am happy with my Ryzen 3000 and works pretty much as I expected.